• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jshdixon
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Ocean View 7

I selected this short 3-day cruise as an intro to cruising for my 15 and 13 yr old granddaughters. This was perfect. They both were a bit hesitant about it, but left declaring firmly they were ready for a 7-day cruise! The mix of activities on board was good for them and their mother and me. We all enjoyed the shows each night. Our only regret is that we did not do the Silent Disco.

I am both gluten-free and dairy-free. There was an abundance of options for me in both the dining room and the Ocean View cafe. Also, the coffee shop (Cafe al Bacio) could prepare any coffee with either almond milk, soy milk, or lactose free milk. They also had gluten-free cookies every day. The buffet had gluten-free breads (Canyon Bakehouse), but no dairy-free (vegan) "butter".

The check-in procedure was very smooth and quick. From parking in the garage to being on board was less than 30 minutes. The food in the Ocean View cafe was wonderful in the selection and quality. The food and service in the Main Dining Room was really good. They were nervous about sharing a table with others, but it was just the 4 of us and they enjoyed that. Our waiter was very patient with them and helped them select their meals.

Ocean View 7

We were in a great location. Not too far from the mid-ship Grand Foyer lobby and just a short distance from the Main Dining room. We took the stairs a lot up to 5 and the coffee bar or theater or to 4 for window-shopping. It was convenient to the elevators when wanting to go up. Even that close to the Grand Foyer there was NO NOISE from there in the room. No problems getting to sleep.

2 Helpful Votes