3. Crown Princess
I was a little concerned about this cruise because of previous reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is an older ship, but that is part of its charm. It was well laid out and well cared for. They have been replacing the worn beds, though I don't think our beds were new. They, however, were comfortable. We had late seating with wonderful Thai waiters and good food. Whenever possible we did lunch in the dining room because of crowding in the Horizon. Lunch was excellent except limited menu interest the last day. Horizon was OK if you went in off hours. Our cabin was balcony on deck 11...Baja deck. The balcony had a cover so we could enjoy shade and privacy. Cabin steward Ishmael was wonderful. The cabin was small, but cozy and clean. The pools tended to be noisy...too much music or movies. Retreated to the quieter, smaller Spa pool, but shady areas often full. Thermal suite a little dreary...a dungeon really. Needs work. We did two Princess beach club tours in Curacao and Bonaire. Both excellent. Did Resorts for a Day Amsterdam Manor tour in Aruba also excellent. The shows were consistently good. Yes, it was wise to get to the theatre 1/2 hr. ahead of time, but most people got seats if they arrived later, tho maybe not their choice of seats.

Lovely cruise

Crown Princess Cruise Review by cruizsuz

cruizsuz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE B242
Nice, basic, small cabin. Clean and comfortable with mini fridge. Order 12 water bottles ahead...a good deal. Overhang over balcony on deck 11 very helpful for privacy and shade. Bathroom is small but workable. I like the layout with the closet next to the bathroom which affords privacy from the main bedroom for changing clothes.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins