3. Navigator of the Seas
I have gone on over 10 Carnival cruises and 3 NCL cruises in the past. This was my first time on a royal ship. I haven't done royal in the past due to high prices than normal but receiving a free trip I obviously wasnt going to turn it down. Embarkation Was smooth from Miami and was on the ship by 11:15. Got the drink package online ahead of time and saved 20%. Was definitely worth getting for a 5 day cruise. Wifi was 80$ for the 5 days and was pretty good. Much better than Carnivals. Room was a inside room but nice and my room steward was great. Room was done twice a day before 11:00 and 7:00. The breakfast food at the windjammer was surprisingly very very good. A lot of bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit and much more. As well as multiple omelette stations. The quality of the food exceeded my expectations. I purchased a 4 night specialty dining package before the trip and saved 20% on that as well and all 4 specialty restaurants were outstanding. The steakhouse had great apps and sides as well as a 16 ounce Rib eye that was incredible. Both the Italian and Mexican restaurants were very very good. The Japanese is A La Cart so with a dining package you get $35 to spend and anything over you pay the difference. Food was very good but without a dining package I would not of eaten there. Prices for a cruise A La cart restaurant were much higher than I was expecting (5 pot stickers for $8.) The dinner my 5th night at the buffet had a prime rib carving station and all the food looked great. Overall the food was one of the best parts of the trip which is never a bad thing. The ship was in excellent shape and condition on all the floors especailly the 5th floor where all the shops and the Ben and Jerrys was. I thought the ship was 5-6 years old but then found out it was turning 16 this year. So kudos to the staff and Royal for keeping the older ship in great shape. The on board entertainment was good. There is a ice skating rink on board so during sea days you can skate and during port days they did a show which was also good. The live music was very good and had all different types of genres. Country, rock, jazz, and of course leaving fro Miami Hispanic/salsa music which was very good. The outside pool deck was very nice and had 2 bars with multiple bartenders in each for pretty quick service. The ports were fine. Ive been to Cozumel and Costa Maya many times each so I did a walk around both and went back into the ship. Getting off the boat was very easy and smooth. I always take my own luggage off the ship and the people that chose to do that were the first ones off so once we got cleared to leave I was off the boat and done with immigration in less than 15 minutes. Cant ask for much more. The only dissapointing thing with this ship is that I was told at one point across from the Pub on the 5th floor there was a sports bar. Im a big sports fan and there was playoff football going on. Turns out they turned the sports bar into a vineyard or a wine bar. There was no more than 2 or 3 couples in there at a time. There were some places to go watch the game but only 1 or 2 TVs and of the smaller size. Every cruise ship should have a sports bar and its too bad they decided to get rid of there's for a bar that doesnt get much use. Overall it was a good cruise that exceeded my expectations and Will for sure for the right price be willing to cruise again with Royal.

First Royal cruise. Was impressed.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by txnyrangers31

txnyrangers31’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Inside room. Not bad size tho for a inside room. Bed was comfy, and had a couch in the room as well. Between Royal, NCL, and Carnival the best in room TV selection is by far Royal. They are also the only cruise line where you can watch NFL playoff games in your room if you choose to.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans