3. Brilliance of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we live in Tampa, had an unexpected week available in the front of January and wanted a short easy vacation getaway. This was booked only about 3 months ahead, and it delivered on those points. This was our 5th cruise and first on a RCCL ship. We don't like the giant ships, but have been on smaller ships that felt bigger than this. The public spaces and walkways seemed smaller, and were often very crowded because cooler weather forced many inside. More kids than we expected, but that is on us because we had to travel when schools were on winter break. I read one reviewer comment on the smoking and agree with them. It was awful. Im used to ships having this figured out where smokers and non-smokers coexist happily. On this ship I seemed to be very aware of smokers all the time. Even sitting in the atrium central area just relaxing, we could smell the smoke from the casino wafting through. Speaking of the casino, it was fun but too small and not ventilated enough. My in-laws said the slots "were good" and I even tried roulette for the first time. Eventually so did a lot of people apparently. By the third day, the table stayed so crowded I never played again. They had a second table on board, but I only saw it open once. In addition, as mentioned, it would also get so thick that even non-complainers were staying away looking for fresher air. A BIG disappointment was the tacky "mark up" square on the main dining room menu. Ive have not been on a ship before where Filet not only was missing from the "every night" menu but had an upcharge. My wife went ahead on the last night and ordered it "at 30% off special" and then is was just...ok. What a shame. Just cheap and tacky. Positives...service in the main dining room was FANTASTIC. Our server Claudiu and his team were attentive and knowledgeable. He was also excellent with dietary concerns. The bartenders were very well trained at keeping track of when people walked up. I never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink, and the bar by Guest Services (I don't remember all the space names) had a guy who made the best Vodka Gimlet I've had in years. The cabin was fine space wise, but I have certainly become spoiled in this area by Celebrity ships in my spending category, which is regular person class. lol. That was a TINY bathroom. And what is up with having to ask for conditioner and lotion? The only room service included was continental breakfast, which was punctual and sufficient for wake up coffee and nibbles before going to breakfast. Overall...not my best cruise experience but not horrible either. As my title says, any day on cruise ship beats any day at work.

I rank this trip as "Any day on a cruse ship beats a day at work".

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by MsRC10

MsRC10’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

• Snorkeling
    First every snorkel. Not too long, not to short. Staff were great. Could have used a little more instruction, but there were not too many "first timers". The water was choppy, not their fault, but since I had never done this before it may have made hindered my learning process. LOL.
    They passed out margaritas a plenty on the way back and even generated a party atomoshpere. My only complaint...we didn't bring towels from the ship and FROZE on the way back. If it was in the directions to bring a towel, I missed it. We suffered for thinking the tour would provide towels.
    Still...had a great time. It was not a super expensive excursion, so I would completely agree that we got our moneys worth.
    View All 437 Snorkeling Reviews