• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Azamara Quest Review

Editor Rating
84 Awards

Outstanding service made it a great experience.

Review for Azamara Quest to the Caribbean
DNRS
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin: Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)

Terrific food, space, absence of crowding and lines, perfect maintenance, lovely spaces, and, most of all, Azamara's outstanding service were high points for me on Azamara Quest. Staffers' kindness and empathy on Azamara Quest were memorable, and are what may bring me back.

I chose Azamara for its reputation for terrific food, and I wasn't disappointed in the free dining. Caesar salad with anchovies on top (or not -- you have to request anchovies), escargot, English bacon...were offered every day, and I had lots of lovely dishes, such as duck confit. The really outstanding thing, that will bring me back, perhaps, for another happy, cosseted experience was the outstanding service. Azamara had almost 100% kind, simpatico, helpful staffers monitoring everyone to see how they could help. I went on my own but never felt lonely or alone. Azamara people just can't be beat--training? recruitment? high pay? I don't know how they do it, but it was even better than Princess and substantially better than NCL Sky. All three had terrific, helpful, thoughtful staffers, but Azamara's staffers were almost ALL outstanding.

Downside was the drinks. My cheapo inclusive NCL Sky trip had better drinks. I think the Azamara free wine choices were just two reds and two whites each night, and as a student in many, many wine classes, I found almost all the red wines thin and acidic--not very well chosen. And I think the mixed drinks were far too sweet. But the food was great and the service was even better.

Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)

Was upgraded for free from inside to obstructed view--much appreciated. It was interesting to see the tugs, pilot boats, etc., and work on the lifeboats.

Port Reviews

San Juan

A real city with everything on earth to do, and a beautiful city to boot. Take the 75-cent bus from the airport from the upper level, instead of a taxi costing ten times that.

St. Barts

I walked around in St. Bart's because family members vacationed there. It was so commercial and unnatural that I got back on the tender in less than an hour. There must be lovely beaches, but if you travel to learn other cultures and eat other food, I wouldn't bother.

Labadee

This is just a resort, not a real place. Nothing Haitian was around. I stayed on the ship.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

St. Kitts looked like a pleasant place to spend some time. There seemed to be real communities around.

1 Helpful Vote