3. Carnival Glory
My wife and I had sailed on Glory once before and enjoyed our time aboard, along with the fact that we got a great deal for a 7 day cruise. All the destinations we had visited several times before but we needed a break away and this was our choice. Glory is not too big or small and there seems to be something for just about anyone. We stayed at Red Roof Plus in Miami, an older Inn but with polite staff and only about half hour from port. Shuttle service was provided to port and breakfast, along with up to 10 days of parking there at Inn. We booked stay through Stay123.com, an easy website to use. The new embarkation plan Carnival has begun was swift and easy as well. We hardly stopped moving until we were on the ship. Room keys are now waiting in your mailbox at your room door. Our room steward was efficient and kept everything clean. This was our 20th cruise, the 17th with Carnival so we feel that we have seen a little bit of it all, but we were surprised on this cruise! Half Moon Cay was our first stop and it was a beautiful as ever. The weather was over cast, but still a nice day for walking around and taking pics. There were a few in the water but it was a little to cool for us. But it did feel good to our feet. 2nd stop was St. Thomas, we were sadden to see that the Butterfly Attraction had been destroyed by Hurricane. Took a city tour on one of the many open air trucks for $25 each. Note, if anyone gets on your tour and begins to apologize for what may happen, get off the vehicle and choose another. The individual along with 11 more friends boarded our vehicle and began using some of the worst language you have heard. They had no respect for others or children on tour. I approached driver to inform him of language, since he could not hear due to him inside truck cab. His solution was to send us back via another truck. Not a very good day in St Thomas. Next stop was San Juan, we were looking forward to a new day and better excursion. Prior to arriving in San Juan, we had received a phone call from our son concerning my brother who was fighting cancer. Carnival immediately made the call for us without any charge and allowed me to talk some time with my son. I was informed my brother was being moved to hospice but all looked ok. I was asked by the young lady at the customer service desk if all was well, when I told her what was going on, she expressed her concern and informed me that she would put notes on our account and that if we needed to call anytime that we could do so without charge. She let me know Carnival was there for us. She proved that statement to be so true. She also asked if we had the internet service. I explained that was one reason we took cruises, to stay away from such things. But due to circumstances surrounding my brother's sickness she thought it was a good idea to purchase internet service and then I could keep closer contact with family. I agreed and then she told me how to purchase internet. She then went on to tell me to purchase premium plan and as soon as I was done to bring her back proof of purchase and she would reimburse it back to our account. I was blown away to say the least. They had already done so much through just the phone calls and now this? I thanked her and wished I had written her name down, I think it was something like Lona, not really sure. She was a blessing that day and a very helpful friend. The next morning when we arrived in SanJuan, I received text telling me my brother had passed away. We were devastated and unsure of what we could or what was possible for us to do. But I knew we had to get back home. I went back to service desk and spoke with Bracka, a very professional and compassionate employee of Carnival. She expressed her sympathy of my brother's passing, and asked what we would like to do. I told her what we needed and she began putting it all together. She gave me directions on airline tickets and began putting necessary documents together for our departure. Never have we seen the care and support of a group of people who only knew us as passengers on a ship that they were working on. You would have though we were the most important people in the world. Each person we had to deal with showed the utmost respect and courtesy that anyone could ask for and more. From the room steward, to customs agent each one did all they could to make what was a sad loss for us as easy and painless as possible. We owe them a debt of gratitude and thanks. Each did more than what was expected and went beyond anything we could have asked. Once flight was booked and set, they moved us quickly to a waiting taxi, through customs which was also arranged without hassle. Even the customs officer expressed to us his sorrow for our loss. In our opinion, Carnival and it's employees are the best in the world. We have sailed with others, but Carnival has prove itself to be the best. We have learned it's the employees that make the ship. It is not the other passengers, because you will find good and bad on any of them. Just because you pay more does not mean you are with a better class of people. We have seen that for ourselves. The staff of Glory proved their heart is for the passengers. They are a Class Act and will always be remembered by us as the cruise staff that was there for us in our time of need. May God Bless the staff and employees of Carnival! From our booking agent Sheena at Carnival to the last person who says goodbye at the Terminal. They put the customer first and deserve an applause and recognition for doing so. We highly recommend Carnival 1st above all others. Not just for this cruise and these particular circumstance, but for all our travels with them. They are The Class Act above all others. Before I forget, we loved the new musical show Getaway Island!! Comedians were great! Food was wonderful, lobster delicious! Loved the new Bar-B-Q spot as well.

Carnival...A Class Act

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by rc4music2

Before I forget, we loved the new musical show Getaway Island!!

Comedians were great!

Food was wonderful, lobster delicious!

Loved the new Bar-B-Q spot as well.
rc4music2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT 1217
roomy and comfortable , porthole allows for view and they can be closed to keep light out for late morning sleepins.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins