3. Harmony of the Seas
My husband and I went on this cruise for our honeymoon, and this was my first ever cruise, so why not choose the biggest ship in the world for my first time? We had such a FABULOUS time. We decided to fly to Florida the day prior in order to walk around Fort Lauderdale and to make sure we got up nice and early the next day in order to get onto the ship on time. We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street which was an excellent choice, took a cab from the airport to the hotel then the hotel offered a shuttle to the cruise port the next morning. They collect all your luggage at the very beginning before you even board the ship. We definitely forgot to check in which we were afraid it would be a problem since we didn’t have that sea pass paper that everybody else did, but it wasn’t a problem at all and the people there were able to check us in. I do highly suggest checking in though because it will be less of a pain in the butt for the process of getting through everything. We also forgot to put on our own luggage tags (yea we suck), but thankfully they had some of their own luggage tags that they were able to just write out our room number on. They told us that our luggage would get delivered to our room by a certain time so we walked around the ship for a bit and got a drink. We later went back to our room to get our luggage and throughout the whole hall was just a lot of luggage outside of everybody's rooms, so keep in mind that the "bringing the luggage to your room" actually means putting it outside in the hallway. We were missing one piece of our luggage (a book bag) which I started panicking about because my paranoid self kept thinking about how easy that would have been for somebody to take it. I did eventually get it back, we had to go to the customer service stand and what happened was that the luggage tag was accidentally ripped off of it so they had it stored in the back because they didn't know what room it was supposed to go to. There were LOTS of people there also with missing luggage, I assume they got theirs back though because they said that the luggage tags often rip off by accident throughout all the luggage transfers. I highly suggest getting a balcony!!!! The balcony was one of my favorite parts of my time. I'm a big book reader so during the day right when we woke up it was absolutely beautiful to just sit out there, read my book, and watch the ocean. If you and your roommate(s) are drinkers, I suggest the drink package. It seemed like a lot of money at first, but considering how expensive the drinks would have cost individually, it was definitely worth it. It pretty much covers about 4-5/day. If you don't plan on drinking too much then don't get it. The solarium bistro food was excellent, I highly recommended eating there! It's a huge buffet with all sorts of different foods. The only thing I didn’t like about it was that it was all self service, so you had to pick your own table as well. It was always so crowded and really hard to find a table unless you were stalking people out. I didn’t get to just sit down together with my husband to eat, it was more one of us finding a table and one of us having to sit there to claim it while the other got food then vice versa. After I came back with my food, my husband got up from the table to get his. The beverage station was right next to us so I left the table real quick to grab a cup of water, I must have been gone for literally no more than 1 minute and by the time I got back to my table there was another couple asking the server to clear away my food plate (which was full and not touched yet). I'm sure she would have cleared it too because plenty of people left full plates of food, the amount of food wasted on that ship must be absolutely ridiculous. On the main floor with all the bars and stores there was sooo many high end expensive stores. I already paid a fortune to be here I’m definitely not interested in buying expensive jewelry or purses. My husband and I just wished they had an actual place I'd want to spend money in, like a candy store or an ice cream shop! There were no places to go get ice cream! There was a couple choices of ice cream at the buffet place when you go there for dinner, and one little tiny self service frozen yogurt station on the top deck near the pool which was usually a long line to get to. My husband and I were definitely disappointed in the lack of some good ice cream, and I remember I kept saying that one of those pointless expensive stores should be a hagan daz. Have a watch or something if you don't plan on bringing your cell phone anywhere, there were no clocks anywhere!! With the shows that we reserved to see, knowing the time was definitely important. The shows we saw were Greece, the Comedy Show, and the Fine Line. I highly recommend all of those!! The Fine Line was definitely the best one, those performers were amazing. There was a shampoo dispenser in the shower! I had brought my own shampoo anyway but it was nice to know there was another option in case I ran out. In Haiti - be careful for the markets up the path a bit. They were pretty forceful with trying to get you to buy something. There was a large food buffet there also. We had decided to get lunch at around 1:45 and the whole place was closed, they had already took all the food away, so definitely don't take too long to go get lunch. The beaches at Haiti were very rocky - water shoes are highly recommended. In Jamaica - we had a Margaretville Catamaran excursion planned but the night before we found a letter on our bed that it was cancelled, apparently not enough people signed up for it. The day was raining anyway so we didn't even care. We mildly shopped around a little bit in the stores and went back to the ship. Wasn't very exciting. Mexico - it's safe to walk all around!! There was a lot of walking around here and touring the surrounding area. No problems and we enjoyed ourselves. Overall, it was awesome. As soon as we are capable of affording another cruise like this one we will absolutely be going back!

Amazing!!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by katiemc

The beaches at Haiti were very rocky - water shoes are highly recommended.

katiemc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Perfect size! We got a standard size room with a balcony. It was actually bigger than I thought it would be. Plenty of hangars in the closet.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans