• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SoFla_KJ
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

I booked this cruise back in June 2017 for sailing in January 2018. I found a great deal on the Royal Caribbean website and told my friends. It was a 48 hour sale and a bunch of us ended up booking the cruise, in total it was 19 adults and 6 kids. This was my first experience on Royal Caribbean. In the past 13 months, I travelled on Holland America and Silversea with my father. I'm in my early 30s, single and not married. I planned to share an interior cabin with my roommate. About a month later, another friend asked to share our room and we switched to an interior room with pullmans.

We live in South Florida, about an hour away from the Port of Miami. We left our house around 10:30am on embarkation day and arrived about 11:30am. We dropped our bags off with the porters and 4 of us waited at the terminal, while 2 people parked the car in the cruise parking garage. We previously discussed parking offsite but decided that we would just split the cost of parking and enjoy the convenience of parking at the port. It took about 10 minutes for us all to meet up again to enter the terminal. We entered the terminal about 11:45am. We had to show our SetSail passes and passports to enter. Then we went through security where they checked our carryons, there were no lines to enter or security. Then we proceeded to check in. We went to the Gold line since we had previous cruisers. There were about 3 groups ahead of us in line, be we got to an agent within 5 minutes. Some of our friends we saw outside the terminal went to the regular line. It took them about 20 minutes. We all boarded the ship together and went straight to the Windjammer. It was about 12:15pm. One of my friends went directly to the fitness center. Although busy, we were able to find a table for 6.

As we finished lunch, they made an announcement that the staterooms were now available. That was about only a couple of minutes before 1pm. We went to the cabin and found it pretty roomy despite it being an interior cabin for 3 adults with suitcases. I knew I needed to lower my standards since my last couple cruises were in suites with rooms more than double the size. We all found the rooms to be quite adequate in terms of storage space and size, but we spent very little time in the rooms during the day. I will say that the WORST part of the cruise was the MATTRESS. It wasn't just a little uncomfortable. It was the worst that ever slept on. It was actually painful to rest on my side. I started to sleep on top of the comforter and it helped slightly.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin K

We had an interior room with 2 pullman beds. Since we were 3 friends, we had the 2 bottom beds split apart plus one top bed pulled down. There was a small loveseat couch in the room and a vanity. There was also a closet. The shower was very small and hard to move your arms in. We didn't really put our suitcases away. We would have more room if we didn't, but we hardly spent any time in the room. The mattresses were extremely uncomfortable on all 3 beds. It actually felt like a hard service.

10 Helpful Vote