3. Navigator of the Seas
I had not taken a cruise in a couple of years other than a horrible Carnival cruise from JAX. I did a lot of research before selecting this one and did basically based on ports as I was trying to avoid the ports hit hard by the recent hurricanes. The reviews on this ship were mixed but I liked the timing. Because of the mixed reviews, I suppose my expectations were on the lower side. Overall, we were pleased with the cruise. With any cruise nowadays, the food is not excellent, but we found the food to be "good." The selections were great and even after being on board 9 days, the food was still appetizing. The service in the Windjammer was excellent. We had soda beverage package and always able to get server to provide beverages rather quickly - sometimes this can be a problem. Food is Sapphire DR was good - service was excellent. Our servers were outstanding - very friendly and accommodating. Someone in our party was very high maintenance and our servers handled requests quickly and efficiently. One of the reasons I only gave 4 stars was because of poor experience in Chops Grille. Service was extremely slow even though our server was very personable. Someone's steak was significantly overcooked - should have sent it back. The added costs for the meal for my husband and me with gratuity was $82 - not cheap. The service should have been excellent. Having said the above, the next day, I left a note at the restaurant for the manager just advising the issues we had experienced. That night he came to our table in the MDR offering his apologies and insisted we accept a token for the mishap. He provided lunch the next day in Giovonni's for the four of us. I was not expecting to be accommodated so this was an extremely nice gesture. We had My Time Dining and had a problem night 2 and 3 getting our same table after we were told night 1 that we could have that table the rest of the week. The strange thing is, no one was sitting at the table night 2 and 3, but for some reason, the hostess did not want to accommodate us. Again, we were able to work this out with a manager. The problem could have been avoided. I thought the entertainment on the ship was excellent - again, maybe my expectations were low after the Carnival cruise, but thought very good. The ship orchestra "The Navigator Band" was outstanding. They didn't several jazz shows and played along with other performances - really just outstanding. The ice show was wonderful as well. There were several comedians who performed - some better than others, but all good. Even the last night of the cruise they did an outstanding variety show. Our room (inside with view of promenade) was a typical cruise ship room - nothing spectacular but clean - bed could definitely been improved. Room steward was very accommodating and helpful. SPA/Fitness: SPA is extremely overpriced but nothing new on cruise ships. I had booked a massage with a certain therapist. Signed in, and then assigned to someone different. When I questioned the change, I was eventually told the original therapist was in medical services. I agreed to proceed with the therapist they had assigned. The spa manager asked my thoughts on the massage and I told her it really was not that great. She gave me another massage the next day with the original therapist I had requested. Again, I did not ask for this and did not expect it. I was actually surprised she made that offer. The fitness room definitely needs some refurbishing and updates. We did no excursions. Even with the the negative issues, we had a lovely time on this cruise. The staff did work hard to "fix" the issues we encountered and their efforts were most appreciated. In addition, I had an issue with a credit from a cruise in SEP that had been cancelled because of the hurricanes. I had spoken on the phone with customer service to resolve unsuccessfully. The Guest Relations desk was able to help me with that problem - again greatly appreciated! Embarkation and Debarkation was extremely easy.

Great Cruise

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by o15290cj

We did no excursions.

Embarkation and Debarkation was extremely easy.
o15290cj’s Full Rating Summary