3. MSC Seaside
I've taken cruises on many different lines, the MSC Seaside is by far the worst cruise I have ever been on (and I've been on 32). Embarkation/Debarkation: The MSC staff do not know what they are doing. No one available to take our luggage. We were moved from line to line even though we had "priority boarding" included in the Aurea Package. After waiting about 2 hours, boarding finally began with the MSC staff calling out "guests with card #1 can board at this time" We were never given any "card" (we were one of the first 100 quests at the terminal) and I refused to go back through and obtain one. We boarded with group #1. Were told to use the kiosks and our credit card on board to set up our "account". We went straight to an available kiosk on the ship and followed the instructions. Never once did we have any indication of a problem until we tried to disembark the ship a week later. My husband was sent to the guest relations desk, along with many other passengers, to clear up an account balance. It's shocking to me, on a ship that boasts about their latest and greatest technology, not one staff member would have the responsibility to notify guests of an issue before the very moment guests are trying to disembark and catch transportation and/or flights. Completely unacceptable! Ship: Many mechanical issues from non functioning toilets, no hot water, duct tape holding door frames on, dirty stained carpet, ice machines out of order, hot tubs out of order, elevators very slow or not functioning. All public areas are way overcrowded. Cabin: Very small for a "suite" and poorly designed from the storage space to the bathroom. We were on the 9th floor and found very little time to enjoy our extended balcony due to the constant "pool party" on the top deck (I believe deck 18). Very obnoxious music and constant amplified staff commentary. Dining: Two buffets available, neither one large enough to accommodate the number of passengers. The layout of having plates/bowls in one area and napkin wrapped utensils in a completely different area made things much more difficult than necessary. The main dinning room was very cramped and loud. The staff did the best they could with what they had to work with. Service: Multiple language barriers. This ship was completely understaffed. The cabin steward and the dinning room staff did the best they could with what they had to work with. The first 2 days of our cruise, every time we ordered any type of drink (water, soda, alcohol) their computer system did not show our "drink package". We were finally forced to go to "guest services" and stand in line for 1 1/2 hours to resolve the problem. In closing: Never ever again on any MSC ship!

Out of the 32 cruises I've taken, this was the worst by far!

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by jmac918

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

In closing: Never ever again on any MSC ship!
jmac918’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Cabin is small for a "suite". No storage, poor design.
  MSC Seaside Deck Plans