3. Harmony of the Seas
My employers took our management staff on Harmony of the Seas as a reward for a great year and having sailed with Carnival in the past, I was told the RC was a billion times better and that I would have the time of my life... Not exactly the case. It is truly a beautiful ship and I loved several things about it, like Central Park, the cabin, the boardwalk, etc. But it was sorely lacking in other areas. The Cabin: IT WAS AWESOME! I decided to take my grandmother as my plus one, so there was plenty of room for the both of us. We had an ocean facing balcony and it was gorgeous and so peaceful. Sometimes in the evenings, because we were on the 14th deck, the music from the 15th deck would get loud, so don't expect to sleep out there. But the bed was perfect and the bathroom was spacious. Overall, excellent cabin. Dining: Honestly, I enjoyed the food on Carnival a lot more. We did dinner in the Main dining room most nights, lunch at Windjammer and breakfast at the Solarium. One night we did dine at Park 150. The food at the Windjammer was pretty decent and the breakfast at Solarium was good, but the dining room was hit or miss. Some dishes were amazing, some were bland and boring. Both my appetizer and my entree was severly lacking salt and dessert was boring. I ordered a second appetizer which was a short rib and that was fantastic, so it's kind of hit or miss. Overall, the food was okay, just a bit lacking in flavor. Entertainment: Here's where RC gets my major negative vote. While there were several shows scheduled, there were only a few big shows, but several kept getting postponed due to weather. I have no issue with that because the safety of the performers is important, however, outside of the shows, there was nothing to do. Don't get me wrong, there is always some activity going on, it's just activity that is aimed at a much older crowd. We honestly spent a ridiculous amount of time eating and sleeping because we were bored out of our minds. We could watch a family movie, we could attend swollen feet and puffy ankle seminar, or we could attend a shopping guide at a jewelry store. Yeah, no thanks. There were a few activities here and there that we did enjoy (like karaoke), but they were few and far in-between. My grandmother is in her 60's, I'm in my 20's and while neither of us is party animals, we were sorely lacking entertainment. I actually ended up spending an exorbitant amount of money on wifi just so I could entertain myself. In actuality, if you have young kids (15 and younger), they'll absolutely love it. There is a ton for them to do. And if you're on the older side, same for you. Everyone in between, be sure to have your favorite shows downloaded; you're going to need them. Service: The service excellent! Our dining room waitstaff was amazing and we were almost sad to leave simply because we knew we wouldn't see them again. Very kind, humorous and attentive. I had no complaints. The steward was immaculate and the fact that he was able to clean with the amount of stuff we had in the room was impressive. Everyone was happy to help and very friendly. Ship: While the ship was beautiful, it was just on the other side of too big. Everything was so far away, so if you're tracking your steps, eat to your heart's content because you're going to rack up some steps for sure. It was also ridiculously crowded and if you need to use one of the 12 elevators they had for an over FOUR THOUSAND GUEST, be prepared to wait or even take the stairs. Many of the show venues or event areas would quickly overfill and you were highly unlikely to get a seat. The top deck was nice, but it would often time be overcrowded to the point of unease. Even though it was a large ship, the first 2 days were extremely windy and the ship was moving quite a bit. Don't believe it's too big to move, it was rocking for sure. Overall, it was a nice trip and a nice experience. If I do another cruise, it likely will be Carnival because while it was much smaller, there ALWAYS exciting activities to do. The cabins weren't that great, but we were so busy, we never saw it so it balances out. It for sure won't be RC, though.

Beautiful, but Boring