3. Emerald Sun
I saw a really good deal and wanted to cruise the Rhine, so we booked the 7 night, 8 day cruise to Basel. From the excellent welcome onboard to the end, we were very well looked after. The meals were good and so were the shore excursions. There were a couple of opportunities for my husband to go on an organized walk, there were bikes onboard. The staff were excellent, we were lucky enough to get the total drinks package, not just wine and beer at meals. We could have any drink on the menu. The waiters were not limiting any drinks, and we were very spoilt. We had the basic cabin but it was fine, it had a larger than a basic ocean cruise cabin, and the bathroom was more luxuriously decorated. The beds were very comfortable. We had rain in Amsterdam, but after a day or so we had good weather, and temperatures of 22C or so. I would thoroughly recommend Emerald Waterways and would not hesitate to go with them again. They are very good value for money.

Oct 7th 2017 Jewels of the Rhine

Emerald Sun Cruise Review by keithandpaul

keithandpaul’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Sun price drops

Very well appointed with a lovely comfortable bed. The window was high but wide, and at least we had daylight and could see out a bit. The bathroom was very nice, and the shower was a good size. Plenty of storage, we put the suitcase under the bed.