Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Sweet Southern Seas

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by coyoteb1

• Sail Date: Nov 2009
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America

Having been a long-time customer of NCL and (once upon a beautiful time) windjammer Barefoot Cruises, I set out on this cruise anticipating disappointment. Instead, my anticipation was disappointed! Okay, lets get the negatives out of the way first -- uh, lets see, negatives, well, I guess I've been on newer ships and Enchantment of the Seas could use a little freshening up, and I wasn't too impressed with some of the tours (when am I ever gonna learn to stop taking these things and just work something out in the port?) but other than that, I loved it. We had an inside cabin, deck 8 - quite comfortable, temperature control

worked well, bathroom/shower a little cramped (aren't they always?) and

enough storage. Generally happy with it, and the cabin crew took good

care of everything. They could do a better job with laundry (suggest

something to de-odorize aheets and pillowcases). No complaints.The food was terrific, every single meal....the crew members were friendly and accessible and helpful and we got to know a few of them quite well and I love the smallness of this ship. Didn't get lost, easy finding our way everywhere and did not feel overwhelmed. I want to rave about the Gemini Duo, two girls from Poland, twin sisters, who played wonderful music every evening on piano and violin, which was the perfect accompaniment to a pre-dinner sundowner in the salon. Easy on, easy off from the ship - greatly enjoyed Cartagena especially. The ship's private dining setup let us eat when we wanted, by ourselves, and the menus were never disappointing, with plenty of choices. The tango show was top notch with stunning dancing and music.... Only problem? It had to end! Thanks, RC - we'll be back.

coyoteb1's Full Rating Summary

We had an inside cabin, deck 8 - quite comfortable, temperature control worked well, bathroom/shower a little cramped (aren't they always?) and enough storage. Generally happy with it, and the cabin crew took good care of everything. They could do a better job with laundry (suggest something to de-odorize aheets and pillowcases). No complaints.

coyoteb1