3. Coral Princess
We chose the Coral Princess because the itinerary had a nice division of Port and sea days and it worked well for our Holiday schedules. Boarded without issue in Fort Lauderdale. The ship overall I think was well maintained. Unless you have only been on brand new ships I think some normal wear is expected. Always saw workers painting, varnishing, etc. We did anytime dining and it was pretty good! I have been on many cruise lines and overall food quality is not what it was back in the day, but everything was tasty and we certainly never went hungry. I was interested that some preferred the buffet. Although there was nothing wrong with the buffer food, I got easily bored with the offerings at breakfast and lunch after about 7 days... We did try all the specialty dining options. Sabbatini's recently changed their menu and for our tastes, we heavily preferred the old menu. This one was just meh... Service was lovely though. Had a couple of fabulous dinners at the Bayou steakhouse. If you like New Orleans style food, they did a good job. Steak was super tasty! We also did the ultimate balcony dining for the first time and it was SPECTACULAR. What a production and awesome food! Worth every penny of the $100 upcharge. As has been our view on all 12 of our Princess cruises, the entertainment was - Entertaining. Food and entertainment are very subjective, but we are in our early 50s and I think they provided a fair variety of entertainers. I never feel like Princess has enough stuff to do on sea days, but this itinerary allowed a good mix of downtime between ports so I can't say I was ever bored. Service was top notch 99% of the time. The only exceptions would be the future cruise lady was SUPER crabby, the Spa manager was kind of a jerk, and the shopping lady was a bit annoying. ( the rest of the staff was FABULOUS that we dealt with). small potatoes in a sea of lovely people. I do have to say on All cruises lately and this was no exception, rude people and those that see a ship as an opportunity to allow their children to run rampant is not cool. I find it is a privilege to travel and the hard working people on the ship should not have to deal with such nonsense. Again.. overall this was a fantastic journey where you could watch history come to life ( HIghly recommend the book "The Path Between 2 Seas"... very long but adds great meaning to the crossing!). I mention the small things to reign in expectations, but really a fine time was had by my husband and me. As far as ports: we booked all independently from ship. .I do wish we had known in advance that the ports in San Juan Del Sur and Huatulco mainly required cash unless it was a big retail store. San Juan del Sur Nicaragua had many really nice and unique items for sale including woodcrafts but we do not like to carry a bunch of cash with us so we were unable to purchase items.

Great Trip!

Coral Princess Cruise Review by Iwannabeatraveler

Iwannabeatraveler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin ME C228
The ship is older but aside from maybe needing some of the bathroom shower tile replaced ( Mildew issues in the hot humid Caribbean not super surprising but I can see where it would be off-putting),We were in a forward Mini-suite and enjoyed the space and the balcony a lot of our cruise.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins