3. Carnival Pride
It started with a horrible Embarkation Experience. We went to cruise port at designated time (12:30 PM) and after waiting a little while in a line (vehicle line), we were told previous cruise arrived late and we should return an hour late (a letter given to us). I was disappointed that Carnival sent us an email or text advising us that boarding time was to be delayed by an hour. When we came back an hour later, traffic was absolutely terrible. We couldn't get off at the exit. Baltimore police and Dept. of Transportation made us deviate 5 times. We had to pay the toll because the cruise port exit (last exit before toll) was closed. I just wanted to drop off passengers (one in a wheelchair) and then return rental car. What was suppose to be a quick drop off became almost 2 hours with all the deviation and the traffic. The only reason it didn't take longer is because I dropped off the passengers about a block away from the cruise terminal with wheelchair and luggage. At this pace, it seemed like impossible for me to return the rental car and take a cab back to the cruise terminal by the latest boarding time (now 5:00 PM). This was very stressful and unacceptable. I contacted Carnival because all I wanted to know if they we actually had to be on board by 5 PM or were they going to hold of sailing until later due to the horrible traffic mess and rerouting to get to the cruise port. I get could get any answer on this from Carnival. I finally dropped of my passengers about 3:20 PM and went to return car. I took a cab back and made it fairly quickly because traffic was significantly less by about 4:10 PM. I still got out of the cab earlier because there was still a line, but the walk wasn't the far to the cruise terminal. Everything was delayed. Dinner was about an hour late. We did not sail by 6:00 PM and people were still boarding after 5:00 PM. Carnival needs to have better communication. Even if they post what's going on on their web page. Turns out parking lot was still full of previous cruise passengers so new passengers couldn't park. They should have delayed embarkation more and informed us. The could have also set-up a drop off point by one of the other entrances to alleviate traffic. This embarkation makes we want to give Carnival a very low rating, but the cruise was terrific. We got Balcony Cabin 7155. It was too cold most of the cruise to enjoy the balcony, but it still has a great view from the inside. Cabin was very clean and it was comfortable. Cabin was a little on the cool side, but that's okay with me. New Years was actually the first formal night. However, we didn't know it was formal until the second night. With all the embarkation ordeal and life drill, we barely made it to dinner (early sitting) on time. We were hungry because we had missed lunch as well. We didn't read the Fun Hub App to notice it was formal night. Oh well, it is what it is. Dinner was great.. It was a freezing cruise. We had New Years Party Favors. The New Years Deck party was great. It was in the covered lido deck, so it wasn't that cold. Music was blasting and they gave out lot's of lighted favors and champagne. It was fun. Carnival staff was wonderful. They were very friendly and helpful. I didn't go to any shows, but did participate in a few activities lead by the Carnival Fun Squad. The gym and spa were excellent, for the exception of the men's steam room not working the entire cruise and some issues with the lockers, which was fixed later in the cruise. All the deck and atrium entertainment was good. Loved the music by 3 ladies who played modern music with string instruments. The pool was to cold to enjoy. Even in the Bahamas, it was still to cold for me. I though they would have a heated pool (like they did on Carnival Spirit), but they didn't. The hot tubs were not very hot neither. It was too cold most of the cruise to spend a significant time out on the open decks. However, the lido buffet area provided plenty of nice sitting space to enjoy the view through the windows. The only port I got off on was Nassau and it was just for a nice long walk. I loved the ship, but I would have loved it more if it was warmer. The Lido and Main Dining Room restaurants had excellent food. I loved their super thin pizza. Blue Iguana Cantina had amazing tacos and burrito bowls. Guy's Burgers were awesome. I you want veggie burger, ask for it and come back 15 minutes later. Great toppings for burgers. I combined Guy's Burger's fries with salsas from Blue Iguana and had some delicious Mexican Fries. Debarkation was quick, easy and convenient. No issues to debark. We were at airport before noon. We all had a great time!

Cold and Great Cruise, but Cruise Port and Communication

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by CruiserKid

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

We all had a great time!
CruiserKid’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

• Baltimore
    City of Baltimore needs to work closely with Carnival regarding traffic to Cruise Port. It was a horrible experience as listed in my Embarkation Review. Redirected 5 times and forced to take a toll road only to return via the same toll road. It seemed like it was the first time ever a cruise ship had arrived late in Baltimore. The police officers were seemed confused and kept changing how the directed traffic. If they would have had a plan, one or maybe two re-directions would have been sufficient.

Baltimore does have plenty of restaurants and hotels. Didn't seem like a bad city, but didn't have time to explore city.
    View All 348 Baltimore Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Baltimore Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Lots of opportunity for shopping. Nice beaches and safe place. As always, be aware of your surroundings and don't wonder off out of the tourist areas.
    View All 5,883 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews