RV Kalaw Pandaw Cruise Review

Amazed and pampered

RV Kalaw Pandaw Cruise Review by TravelDreamer75

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: Asia River

I was absolutely blown away with this company, I loved everything about them.

The best part for me was the attention and service I received. As a disabled traveler in Asia, I was worried about getting on and off the boat, and uneven surfaces during tours, but I almost always had an assistant to help me, I cannot believe it. My handholders, as I called them, were so gracious and kind, really looking out for me, and also chatting with me about their country, taking pictures of us. It was even nice to see a new crew member who was also as equally excited about the siteseeing as us, coming with us and taking pictures of his own.

The food was perfect. I loved the fresh salads, always fresh fruit, many choices for lunch and dinner. The desserts were beautifully presented by a very exuberant pastry chef- who is also an excellent dancer, singer, and guitar player.

I loved our bartender, "MoMo" whose smile always brightened our day when he presented the "drink of the day" at cocktail hour. Local spirits and beer are included, which was perfect for me, others ordered extras like wine and foreign spirits like Campari.

Our tour guide Min was outstanding. English that we could all understand easily, and if there was a word he was not sure of, he asked us and corrected his pronounciation- we liked this reciprocal learning.

I have travelled on I think 4 other river cruises, all on different lines, and I hesitated to book on a small company, but I think this was my best trip yet!

Myanmar is beautiful, the people are the friendliest, the sites are amazing, it is safe, please go!

TravelDreamer75's Full Rating Summary

Cabin lower deck 107

I think the cabins are basically the same, I was on the bottom.

The bathrooms are very large with strong showers. You don't get your own balcony, but on such a small boat, I don't think it matters.

TravelDreamer75