3. Carnival Vista
I will start by saying that there were far more goods to write about during this cruise than bad. I will also state that I have been on 7 Disney, 1 RCL, 1 MSC and 2 prior Carnival cruises. I like each cruise line for various reasons , but this being a wedding cruise we all decided that Carnival was the best option to ensure as many family members could afford to go as possible. So on Jan 7th 2018 37 Family and friends boarded the Vista. The good and the bad of our Carnival Vista wedding Cruise. The Wedding--- This area turned out great - Everything was perfect and it went off without a hitch . ( they got married in Jamaica ) However their Photo packages for the wedding were Ridiculous 1300 dollars for a 20 page wedding book .. 3000 dollars for a book , dvd and 65 pictures . I recommend bringing your own high quality camera . There also is no option to just buy the digital copies of the pictures. ( we did manage to talk our guy into giving us the Digitals for the stellar Price ( sense the sarcasm ) of 1400 dollars so it cost Carnival the cost of 2 8GB USB drives to make 1400. Embarkation --- 5 stars Easy , seamless and quick . Nothing bad to say at all Dining-- Most of us were in the reflections dining room . and other than us not being seated together for the first night the dining was good. It still ended with about 7 of our party sitting across the dining room . but that wasn't Carnivals fault and they did manage to get most of us together. The food was Cruise line quality, meaning better than I cook at home but not better than a specialty restaurant ( as expected) . The wait staff was friendly and attentive but not as efficient as other cruises I have been on. Lounges -- Overall the public lounges were great . Oceans lounge was our favorite hangout Daniel our server was very attentive and friendly throughout the cruise. The band , Sweet soul 6 , was awesome and provided us with hours of entertainment . The comedy and Piano bar were great venues also . The entertainment was perfect and we enjoyed them all. However the Main Lounge , THE LIQUID LOUNGE, was awful I could understand if this was a small venue for an entertainer , but for the main entertainment area for the main shows on board it was horrible. If you do not get their very early and get a decent seat you may as well stay in your cabin. Their are 8 to 10 large post that literally block 33% to 45% of the sight lines. The seats on the second level are not tiered high enough, so if you are not a tall person you can't see over the person in front of you , and have to see around giant post. basically It is the worst main venue at sea ( Or at least in my modest experience) The Actual shows. ( ALL in the Liquid Lounge ) The opening night show. -- Lackluster energy from the cast and slightly boring 2 out of 5 stars The rock and Roll Show- Lots of fun and energy the singers were a little weak and struggled with notes and being able to sing over the music. But it was a lot of fun and by far the best show we saw. 4.5 out of 5 stars Flick -- Interesting Idea- It was a fun show. We didn't feel that the story flowed very well but the entertainers held my attention 3.5 stars ( Probably would have been better if we had better seats . the post blocked a lot of my sightline.) Disco 70's show-- We saw this show twice- Once the seats were horrible and I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars. However My daughter and her friend got selected to be in the later show so we went again , with much better seats. it was fun . Once again the singers struggled but their energy level was High and the audience participations was fun. Overall my only real complaint is that the Venue was horrible and the shows were all basically the same. with different themes Rock, Movies, 70s with a cast singing. The ship itself . Great ship. The ship was beautiful , clean and overall we enjoyed it the common areas were designed to help the flow of people and made it feel less crowded. the Marketplace was great. the lines were long but it was set up so that we never had to worry about finding a seat . Guys burger joint was good and quick. I did not like the Pizza at the 24 hour pizza place but others did . Tides pool at the back of the ship was one of our favorite hangouts. great area to relax and enjoy the ocean. We don't Gamble so I cant really review the Casino Pixels Pictures -- Very expensive, No package options everything is Ala cart. so it can Add up very fast. I didn't buy any pictures other than the wedding photos. It just isn't worth it. the last area I will cover is the shopping. The stores were very underwhelming compared to Disney, RCL amd MSC The best store on the ship was the candy store. This is an area that they really could improve on.

Wedding Cruise

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by adarnley

The good and the bad of our Carnival Vista wedding Cruise.

Embarkation --- 5 stars Easy , seamless and quick . Nothing bad to say at all

The Actual shows. ( ALL in the Liquid Lounge )

The ship itself .

Great ship.

The ship was beautiful , clean and overall we enjoyed it

We don't Gamble so I cant really review the Casino