• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Falmouth
Labadee

I was reasonably pleased with the cruise. I had a nice time with my wife. We spent a lot of time on deck twelve soaking up the sun. I even walked around the jogging track while my wife made two different visits to the spa. She certainly enjoyed the acupuncture on the Tuesday and the pedicure on the Friday. Two days we spent at sea with no shore visits. However, be prepared to pay for the visits to the spa. They are not cheap. Walking around the jogging track was free which was nice.

However, I would like to point out to the folk on the loungers that they should not pull them out to impede the people walking or jogging on the tracks. There were many thoughtless cruisers, sadly, who had a hard time following basic rules. And common sense.

The pool deck was just packed all the time. There was nothing of interest (except for the overworked guy dishing out ice cream) there for my wife and I. We did not watch the big screen movies and we were not interested in the pool activities which included a belly flop competition. There was a solarium with a small pool for adults but it was always packed. There was a bar there (as there are all over the ship) and everyone looked as though they were drinking. In and out of the pool. The solarium looks nothing like the picture you see in the ad for the ship. A bit on the rough side if you ask me but everyone there seemed to enjoy it.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin E1

The cabin was a nice size. Plenty of room for my wife and I to move about. The young guy who prepared our room was diligent, thoughtful and worked hard throughout the cruise. The balcony, however, of a decent size, was dirty and stained although this was down to Royal Caribbean. Happy enough with the cabin.

Port Reviews

Falmouth

Outside the Royal Caribbean compound you will see the real Falmouth. It's worth a visit to see how the real Jamaicans live. But take care.

Labadee

A man made beach with Haitians hawking their goods. Didn't spend too much time here. Would like to have seen the real Haiti.

5 Helpful Votes