3. MSC Seaside
I had experience on the MSC Divina and other of their ships in Europe. What drove me to the Seaside was the price and the reputation... I like the European flair in their food and entertainment. One should never buy a new model of anything the first year it is released. I think the same is true of cruise ships. There was an issue with septic systems and some of the floors smelled, including our room. However, it eventually dissipated after day 4. ;( One elevator did not work which made it tedious at times. Overall, it is important to know what MSC did to accommodate this many passengers. The cabins are smaller than the MSC Divina, noticeably so. The living space and closet space it small. There is not enough space for two people to store clothing and if you are taking a 2 week itinerary, it simply is not enough space. Shows are more frequent, less duration and in a smaller theatre. It seems to be the same with restaurants (there are now 3 seatings) and the buffet availability is curtailed and when available, less selection. However, there are plenty of bars. Specialty restaurants require an average payment of $30 per person, which is more than the Divina. Service in general is poor. They do not seem to be seasoned. I sat many times, both in the general deck and the Yacht Club, and a server rarely approaches to ask if you want something. Rather, if you get up and order, they insist on bringing it to you. It could be because there are not enough workers. In general, I don't think MSC is noted for customer service. I'm not sure if this is indicative of the cruise industry or only MSC. But, from their web site to their ships, it is a battle to get a response and at that, only an apology. It seems the customer is never right and staff seems to be always defensive and confrontational. In summary, I don't think I would return to the Seaside, however, I will probably return to the Divina... a much better experience.

Average but beware of new ships

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by vannigio

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

One elevator did not work which made it tedious at times.

vannigio’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Very small and not enough storage space for clothes.
  MSC Seaside Deck Plans

• Beach
    A long ride that was not expected. We rode in a van. If you are disabled, you should not go on this, strictly because they drive like there are no bumps in the road. My back was killing me after that ride. But the beach, food, facility was very good.