3. Grandeur of the Seas
I chose this cruise because it left from Baltimore and the dates were a perfect time to be away from MD. Everytime I got on or off the ship, it went very smooth and the crew was super nice. I was in a balcony room on the 7th deck and my attendant, Mennie, was amazing......she was on the spot at all times. I mostly hung out at the bars. If you drink more then 3 or 4 drinks a day, then you should DEFINITELY get the drink package. I got my money's worth and then some! The Solarium Bar and the Casino Bar were great. The Solarium had a bartender named "Acosta".....this guy was on the BALL and we all loved him!! In the casino bar, Dane and Mark were equally as awesome as Acosta. Different crowd and smoking in the casino....i don't smoke, but I had so much fun in there, I didn't mind. Dane pours a great drink and was just a great dude to watch work with here and there. Food -- I usually hate buffet type food....but the food in the Windjammer was really freaking good. Everything is not for everyone, but every pasta dish, stew, or carved meat I tried was really good!! The Great Gatsby was really good...whether I ate the free meal or upgraded....the service was IMPECCABLE!! I can't remember my dudes' names because I am terrible with names.....but I think they were Rijandarian, Atul, and the dude who was the boss who was from Turkey. They were so freaking awesome. I loved going there just talk to them and see them work! ( Surf and Turf was ALWAYS really good! ) Chops Grille -- meh....i prefered getting the Chops Grille food in the Great Gatsby....much better service. Giovannis -- HOLY WOW!! I didn't want to go here.....it was PHENOMENAL!! They brought out every gotd@m appetizer....family style....but there was SO MUCH FOOD and it was DELICIOUS!! Wine was good, appetizers were out of this world, and the main courses were all delicious according to my table mates! The bar on the 4th floor....good dudes there, I only went there a few times here and there. Starbucks - I don't drink it, but my wife does....it's all free and good with the drink package. It isn't called Starbucks, but the logo is plastered everywhere and the quality was really good. Good dudes at the Schooner Bar.....just had more fun with the people I met at the other bars, so I wasn't here a lot. Wi-Fi package....affordable and pretty reliable throughout the course of the trip. We didn't make it to CoCo-Cay due to weather. 2 nights in Nassau were great. Then, the ship had a malfuntion and we had to stop again in Florida on the way back instead of heading to Bmore. So...instead of getting back THursday morning....we got back Saturday morning. I am sure this was a bummer to some people.....i freaking loved it!! 2 more days of hanging out with new friends, meeting more new friends, and crushing the drink package. I would def go again, but it will be awhile....I am an overindulger and need to let me body heal!! :) I am sure the shows and stuff were good, but I wouldn't know....I was drinking and hanging out at the casino, and eating the whole time!! But, it was really fun!! Oh yeah....the Park Cafe....they have these roast beef sandwiches on off hours.....Make sure you get one....it will keep you in the game if you drink too much and they were delicious!! (Nachos and pizza there late at night....really good for last call food! :) ) Viking Crown Lounge - It was good....DJ has to keep everyone happy so I was just chilling with whatever music. Only up there 3 or 4 times.... I had literally zero complaints even though we missed a port and the ship had a problem. Have a great day!!

Amazing Staff and Ship ( Despite a slight mechanical issue! )

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by sanbornb

• Sail Date: January 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

We didn't make it to CoCo-Cay due to weather. 2 nights in Nassau were great.

Have a great day!!
sanbornb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

I think I chose the right category...

Room was awesome!!! Nothing more to add....great times!!
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans