3. Diamond Princess
We chose this cruise to do something out of the ordinary for New Year's Eve. Granted, we still ended up spending the countdown in our room, away from the crowds, but it was magical. The ship is so smooth, apart from a little rockiness here and there. The staff are attentive and dedicated to their roles, helpful whenever you needed anything. The entertainment that we got to participate in was awesome, but we simply could not sample everything. The food was almost always amazing. But the coffee was pretty pathetic. Oh well, you can't win them all. Some real barista training would NOT go astray, but if that's all I can complain about on the cruise, then I'm doing pretty well. The Lotus Spa staff were incredible, they made me feel special, and seemed to take enormous pride in their jobs. I came out each time (every sea day I treated myself!) feeling wonderful. The staff of Sabatini's were simply lovely, even sending me some crackers and apple to my room when I had to cancel dinner one night due to some seasickness. Cruise Director Marcus was always happy to help, and very approachable and friendly. The main entertainment staff were simply lovely, including Ryota, Kaori, Ian and Yumi. Their enthusiasm and energy were so joyful to watch. I will always look back on this trip with so much happiness. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience.

Absolutely amazing ship, wonderful staff

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by spersephone

spersephone’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Two-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony
Cabin S8 D105
Absolutely beautifully appointed cabin, with plenty of space. We used the sofa bed for our children to share, and we all had enough room to move. Everything was checked each day and we came back to tidied beds and chocolate on our pillows each night.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins