3. Viking Tor
Previously, I had been on one ocean cruise and did not prove to be a good sailor - green the whole week. With some trepidation, I tried the Romantic Danube cruise by Viking and it was a complete success! There is no dressing to impress on this river cruise (as there was on the ocean cruise by a different company). Casual comfort is the way to go. Now I know how to pack for next time - jeans, shorts, simple slacks, maybe a simple skirt or dress. Very relaxed. The size of the ship (about 100 guests) made for a wonderful ambiance. The passengers were very friendly and social, taking opportunities to meet and dine with others. The staff were so warm and hospitable, looking after our every need. Once, when we missed dinner, they prepared food for us. Beverages and snacks were always available. All of the meals were light and nutritious.The excursions were so well organized, interesting and used such charming, professional guides. Wished we had gone to Budapest 3 days early so we could have explored it in more detail but loved what we saw. The Gottweig Abbey in Austria was very memorable. Sailing in the Wachau Valley on a gorgeous fall day was so beautiful.I will never forget the Nuremberg War Trials excursion. Take advantage of the daily panoramic excursions. The 3 day extension in Prague was wonderful.This was my first river cruise...but NOT my last!

Casual comfort, well-cared for and excellent excursions

Viking Tor Cruise Review by checkingoffthebucketlist