3. Ruby Princess
I would like contribute my 5 cents comments. We flew all the way from VCR (Vancouver, BC, Canada) to LAX to catch Ruby Princess sailed from Dec 16-23rd 2017. This is our 3rd time cruising and it’s the worst among the three. The first time with HAL( Holland America)/5 Stars in 2013, Norwegian/4 Stars in 2016 & Ruby Princess/3.5 Stars in 2017. Planning to go to Hawaii in future with any ship but Princess. First day was very disappointed as 1) free coffee (dark roast) was tasteless (even McDonald’s coffee is way better than your free tasteless coffee). I ended it up buying the Americano from International Café but it’s also was waste of money. Ice tea is meaning Ice and tea, no flavour at all. Lemonade is also awful without enough sugar. Look at the positive side that I was quite healthy on the ship as I had been only drinking water all the way. I bought coffee at Puerto Vallarta and the Mint Mocha and Dark Roast coffee were so good, feeling like holiday at that moment. HAL had great free dark roast coffee and juice all day long (fresh juice at breakfast and tasty juice all day long). 2) The two servers assigned to our table at Da Vinci Restaurant was impolite the first day (table no. 443) – they were very laid back and with bad attitude/not respectful to us that I was feeling like dinning at a food court. I did talk to the customer service located at the front desk right after dinner and it seems the two servers attitude has changed the following night and after – don’t know whether it was coincidence or not. 3) the server who served the big table behind ours was very rude to my kids. Four of us sitting at table 443 and our small round table was very cramped for 4 people. An old grumpy grandpa waiter had to go thru our table each time when he carry a food tray passed by our table . Each night he had to ask my daughter (she is sitting on my left hand side) to move her chair forward to give him enough space to pass by for 7 nights non-stop. For the first night my daughter was fine but after 7 night in a row my daughter said she will not travel by Princess as the waiter was mean to her. Also, when my son was standing up and talking with his Daddy (my husband was sitting on my right hand side) while waiting for the food to come, the old grumpy grandpa waiter was again asking my son to give him space so he can pass by our table to serve the table behind us. So basically each night we couldn’t move ourselves until the old Grumpy Server settle down with his customers – he was rude to my kids but he was very nice to his own table. 4) I have bought two sliver plated rings (Viamar) for my daughter which cost USD35ish but they are very expensive for a Dollarama quality as I found out one of the stones already fell off when we get home and opened the pouch. Even though the sales girl kept telling us it’s life time warranty but when I read the little sheet carefully, it said it’s only for American resident! Nice trick. 6) Ruby Princess is old and small that the ship was quite choppy in the sea and need to go to dry dock for maintenance next year. 5) It was so boring on the boat – there was not much family event. A lot of EFFY (jewelry) on sale, casino, Art Auctions etc. I missed the Rock Climbing on Norwegian ship, Cooking class and Dance with the Star at HAL. After the 2nd night of Ruby I already missed home and I preferred to stay at home with my dog instead of cruising with Ruby during the Christmas season. My travel agent told me Princess is very competitive to HAL and is a 5 STARS cruise ship company. What a waste of time and money but I still insist to write you something to share my experience. Even my daughter against it why waste more time on Princess. Here I come and will put it on Trip Advisor and more review online. By the way, both of kids lost 2-3 pounds during this trip for only 7 nights, isn’t great news ;) 6) Talking to my girlfriend who cruises a lot in the past also comments her daughter did not like Princess – the little girl of 11-year old thinks it’s boring on the boat. Royal Caribbean is the best for her family. I will find out myself next time

Poor Service

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Susanhe

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior

First day was very disappointed as

Susanhe’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 13 to 15
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC C403 + C417
The cabin was in good size for two of us as we have two rooms. One room for the kids and my husband and I stayed in other room.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Camel Ride
    They don't let you have enough time to take pictures - i was trying to take photos for my kids when they were on the camel but then they asked me to ride on another camel right away that i did not have time to take pictures. This way they want you to buy pictures from them. Nice trick. USD130 for 13 mins ride was quite expensive, it's not worth it!
    View All 14 Camel Ride Reviews