3. Ruby Princess
Bathroom Shower did not drain Shower leaked – had to put towels on floor daily to catch water from running on floor Only one AC wall plus marked for “shaver only” Wall plug would not accept standard American plug of my water pic. We requested extension cord and were told we had to “pre-order” one. We had to brush our teeth in the wet bar sink Dead flower for four days in bathroom Balcony If this ship was refurbished in 2015 why was there: Rust and paint peeling on balcony ceiling (see picture) Sea gull deposits on furniture (see picture) Asked cabin steward to notify cabin next door balcony light had been left on for five days – no action taken. Concerts On Movies Under The Stars – False Advertising “Located on the ship's top deck, Princess makes this experience even more special with personal touches including comfortable chaise lounges, complimentary popcorn, warm cookies & milk and cozy blankets in the evening.” Sam Smith Concert I was so looking forward to this concert as I am a big fan of Sam Smith. Arrived at 5:00pm – asked for a blanket. I was told they would be passed out at 5:30pm. No blankets passed out (had to use beach towels) - no popcorn, warm cookies & milk Sound was not turned on until 15 minutes after concert started. Distractions During Concert Three staff members behind us putting away dirty beach towels talking, singing and dancing during concert Staff pushing squeaky cart around pool area during concert Staff pushing squeaky cart setting up lounge cushions during concert Kids jumping on benches and screaming Piazza Once you have sandwich, salad, etc., in hand where do you sit? Tables were taken over by passengers who were playing card games, dominos, etc. Walking around trying to find a table was ridiculous. Passengers should not be allowed to sit for hours on end when tables are scarce especially during the lunch hour. Celebrations A disappointment finding our balloons on the floor of our cabin after one day. We were told they had to be removed for safety reasons. While travelling other cruise lines our balloons were left out the duration of the trip. Anniversary poster on our cabin door was generic. My husband added our names to it for a personal touch. A letter was written to their Post Cruise Customer Relations on November 20, 2017 outlining in detail our true disappontment. I have never had the courtesy of a reply to my letter. Never will I cruise on Princess. We are not new to cruising as having cruised on Carnival, Cunard and Holland America. It is heartbreaking to have spent over $5,000 for one of the worst cruises we have ever experienced.

Never Again!!!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by P+P

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite with Balcony
Bathroom Shower did not drain

Only one AC wall plus marked for “shaver only”

Dead flower for four days in bathroom

Balcony

If this ship was refurbished in 2015 why was there:

Rust and paint peeling on balcony ceiling (see picture)

Sea gull deposits on furniture (see picture)

Concerts On Movies Under The Stars – False Advertising

Sam Smith Concert

I was so looking forward to this concert as I am a big fan of Sam Smith.

Sound was not turned on until 15 minutes after concert started.

Distractions During Concert

Staff pushing squeaky cart around pool area during concert

Staff pushing squeaky cart setting up lounge cushions during concert

Kids jumping on benches and screaming

Piazza

Celebrations

P+P’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Penthouse Suite with Balcony
Cabin S4 R401
No posting of name or extension number of cabin steward
Ordered 4 bottles of Mondavi Chardonnay not in cabin
Ordered 4 bottles of Bacardi Rum not in cabin
No ice inside the suite
Tour vouchers not inside the suite
Coffee card not inside the suite
No writing pad or pens inside the suite
The DVD player did not work – had to be replaced
No bottle opener for beer and wine
No place to store luggage – had to store on balcony
Suite was smaller than pictures advertised
Hideabed couch needs to be replaced, extremely worn. Cushions did not fit and you could see the metal frame of the bed
Continuous noise from Lido deck, moving chairs and people running.
Note: When I booked the cruise I asked about being below the Lido deck and the noise that could be heard. I was told we would not hear anything coming from the Lido deck.
Cabin was cleaned – took ice bucket. Had to call for a replacement.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins