3. Liberty of the Seas
I took my teenage kids on Liberty of the Seas for a New Years cruise. We had a good time despite them not wanting to do the teen program. Since the weather was cold there wasn't a lot to do on the cruise days except eat and play cards.I booked two excursions through royal caribbean, the palacar reef and starfish snorkel in cozumel and the beach excursion with drinks in Costa Playa. They were both great excursions and even the teenagers had a great time. The excursion I booked for roatan was not through royal caribbean and it rained really hard so we didn't have a good time-- due to the rain not the excursion. The shows on the boat were terrible-- some old has-been comedians telling borderline offensive jokes and an offensive show Saturday Night Fever. The thick fake Italian accents were culturally offensive and there was rampant sexual harassment that was difficult to watch. There was even a suicide scene that was tough to take. The teenagers left after the first song. The ice skating show was great but we had to wait in line for two hours to ensure we got seats at all! We are vegetarians and it was hard to figure out what food was vegetarian because there was no signage. If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke keep off the third and fourth floors where the smoke comes from the casino and wafts throughout the floors.

Liberty of the Seas New Years Cruise

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by momfromcincy

momfromcincy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was nice and our cabin steward was very helpful.
  Liberty of the Seas Deck Plans

• Beach
    The Jungle Beach Break Excursion was great! There were a lot of people lined up outside the ship for this excursion so I thought it would be too crowded. But it wasn't! It was so well run that we waited about 20 minutes at the pier, got our wrist bands, and got on an open air thatched roof shuttle for the 5 minute ride to the beach. We weren't packed into the shuttle like sardines, it was all friendly. We were met by our waiter who showed us to our very cushy, high class deck chairs and took our drink order (drinks are included in the excursion but not food). We swam in the beautiful pool, used the clean and fancy toilet facility, sat on our shaded deck chairs, and swam and snorkeled on the beach. No vendors. There were vendors behind us on the little pedestrian street along with some small shops which was perfect. Despite there being a lot of tourists, it didn't feel over crowded. We stayed for four hours and then went back to the ship in a paid taxi (included in the excursion)-- it was easy to find where the taxis were and there were people in charge of putting tourists into taxis, it was very safe and supervised. We did some souvenir shopping at the beach and it was better than the vendors at the pier. Friendlier and cheaper.
  • Snorkeling
    We did the palacar reef and starfish sanctuary excursion through Royal Caribbean. My 12 year old was too scared to snorkel in the middle of the ocean so she stayed on board. The rest of us had a good time. I was very anxious about it but there was one main guide and two other guides and they made sure the group was okay and helped us the whole way. The masks were good and not disgusting. I felt safe. The water was not cold even in the beginning of january. There was a lot of drinking on the way back and the crew did some fun dances and kept things lively. It took an hour on the boat to get to the reef and an hour to get back to the pier.
    View All 427 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Beach
    We did the Fun n Sun tour with victor bodden. We found the kiosk right outside the ship and our tour guide took us and another family in a little minivan. First we toured the island which was boring as we just sat in the van for about an hour and a half. It was not picturesque with stray dogs around and kids selling trinkets. We then went to the mini zoo run by victor bodden. A guide took us around and we got to touch monkeys, have a mackaw sit on our heads, and hold a sloth. We liked holding the sloth. We then were taking to the Bananarama beach where there were deckchairs, toilets, and showers. The beach was full of vendors but they were easy to wave off, there were just a lot of them. I wouldn't recommend this beach-- too crowded with vendors. I didn't feel safe there although the beach had a couple of security guards walking around. It started to rain really hard and our guide was in the restaurant so we were able to leave with him quite quickly and go back to the ship early. I didn't like this port.