3. Carnival Miracle
The cruise itself was decent. Lots of pros and cons, some of which are listed below. The reason for the 2-stars is the poor post-cruise experience. I pre-purchased the "premium" 6-day internet package for $89 since it promised the fastest internet speed. When I got on the Miracle on the 1st day, the internet was pretty much unusable. I screen-shot an internet speed test as proof in anticipation that I'll be refunded. I intermittently checked back online over the next few days. While some webpages loaded, it would take minutes to do so. On a couple occasions, the internet was fast enough. But most of the time, it was spotty and frustrating. And so rather than try my luck with it, I decided to shut down my laptop and enjoy the cruise. I emailed customer service as soon as I got back on land. The response they gave was surprisingly thoughtless. They questioned why I didn't report it to guest services. And in the same paragraph also explained how the internet can be unstable due to "itinerary and possible disruption from weather patterns and various obstructions." So what is it? Either Carnival is accusing me of lying. Or the internet can be unstable. Either way, they declined the refund request. On an otherwise enjoyable vacation, my final touch point with Carnival was a sour one. After spending thousands of dollars on this vacation, they are letting a negligible $89 unusable purchase leave a bad taste in my mouth. I will not be back as a Carnival customer Pros (on-board only) - the comedy shows and entertainment were fun, and the wait staff at the restaurants were also good entertainers (a one-song dance by the waiters at dinner) - Lunch and dinner on the 2nd floor were pretty good. Portions were small, but you could order more than 1 entree or appetizer per person - Housekeeping staff were very cordial and we appreciated the extra touches like towel animals - Decent gym Cons - food in Lido was something to be desired. It wasn't bad, but started becoming cringe-worthy by the 6th day - super-crowded lines all the time. At restaurants, at debarkation, entry/exit at ports, etc - pools were quite small and frigid cold - Terrible post-cruise experience as explained above. Not good to have the last touch point with the customer be such a poor one. Otherwise this review would have been 4 stars And because I'm not a fan of Carnival now, let me also give this piece of advice. Don't buy excursions through them. In Cabo, there are more than enough vendors and water taxis to do whatever you want. And they're negotiable. In Puerto Vallerta, you can look ahead of time at their excursions and then just contact the vendor directly. They will be more than happy to give you a discount if you book direct with them.

Decent cruise; terrible post-cruise service

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by caman

Pros (on-board only)

- Decent gym

Cons

- pools were quite small and frigid cold

caman’s Full Rating Summary