Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

An attempt was considered...not really made.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by mydrivec

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite with Balcony

Food and restaurant service were sub par. I know this is a short cruise but my wife registered prior as a vegetarian and also asked for a birthday cake on our first night (my bday). Both were ignored. When a cake arrived on the last night, they sang to the wrong person at our table. There were four of us so you had a 50/50 chance at which guy had the birthday. I would think you would know us by day 3. My wife sent back a fish dish that looked like a 12 year old put it together from a frozen dinner. My steak was passible 2 of 3 evenings. I sent one back. Most of the sides were cold when served.

Ship felt neglected in many basic maintenance ways. The Schooner lounge had several pictures that were lit by flickering lights. No one fixed them the entire time we were aboard. The morning of our departure, someone had finally fixed them. A video is worth more than I can say: https://youtu.be/g5Ky4Z1zZT0

Coco Cay was canceled due to rough weather. That is understandable but in addition the decks were closed as well. The entire guest compliment forced to stay indoors all day was challenging. I would have expected contingency planning but there seemed to be none.

I would not take this ship/trip again. In the end, we made our own fun but looking back, it wasn't worth the cost.

mydrivec's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite with Balcony
Cabin GS 7074

Our room 7074 was a port side balcony and was pleasant but dated. The couch actually had a velcro strip on each arm. One would assume there were pillows that once attached. Also, we found mold in the door of the mini fridge and remnants from the last guests toilet time. MMMMMMMMmmmmm

Nassau

Difficult weather. 68 Fahrenheit with 35 mph winds.

mydrivec