3. Norwegian Star
Wanted to sail on Norwegian because of easy access in L.A. Ca, no need to fly into port. Wish I would have read the reviews before booking. The plus side of this Ship is, it's very clean, all restrooms, dining areas, and other places (Spa, pool etc) were always kept clean. My Balcony Room was very clean and the Stateroom Steward did an excellent job. The Specialty Dining Restaurants were good, nothing spectacular, (Le Bistro, Cagney's and Teppanyaki)servings at Teppanyaki and Le Bistro were small. They had a craft class for 3 of the 7 days at sea. The craft class was nice, each a different project. The entertainment for the nightly evenings was good. This Ship is mainly kid/family oriented, not for single older adults. On the negative side, I paid for 3 days at the spa for 1 hour massage each day, thinking that I could use the spa and sauna before and after the massage. Nope!, Usually when I sail on other cruise lines, the use of the spa is included when booked for services at the spa. This ship charges an additional fee ($68) each day for use of spa and sauna. Also, I paid for bottled water on board as they would not allow guest to bring in their own bottled water. On embarkation everything went smooth, but on return, disembarkation was disorganized. They did not call the color of tags in the order it was listed. I will never sail this cruise line again.

Nickel and Dime Guest