3. Seven Seas Explorer
The ship and staff are amazing - There I've said it !! As an ex merchant seaman and part time cruiser I do agree with Regents description of vessel being most luxurious. The staff are very good and attentive. Always willing to chat or answer questions The food is really very, very good. I am utterly at a loss when people moan about the food. The presentation, quality and choice is second to none. Always space on the ship with plenty of loungers available - maybe not right next to pool but in other areas - yes. I found all the lectures well presented and enlightening. We only missed one show but all the rest including Irish comedian, Broadway singer, Pianist / Magician, Pianist / Comedian and in house shows were all excellent. The theatre is well appointed but we always went downstairs because visibility from upstairs not the best ( Heard several other comments regarding this ) The cabin was well appointed with plenty of drawers and hanging space ( with plenty of hangers !! ) The bed is wonderful & comfortable with a huge ( in my opinion ) balcony Yes the outside furniture is moved back & covers taken off but it's outside and so they should be for safeties sake whilst at sea .The cabin stewards and room service staff attended to all our requirements brilliantly. We had several hours, one night, of poor weather and yes there were some creaks but HEY it's a vessel and should be expected. Unlike a hotel ashore there was no road noise !! We ate all all restuarants with PRIME 7 our favourite. PACIFIC RIM was also very good. CHARTREUSE was our least favourite with a visit to Italian restuarant a better bet. COMPASS ROSE had a very varied menu and again was very good. Some slight issues with time taken for courses to arrive. However as we always requested a shared table this can sometimes be the reason with some people going through menu and others not. However there is always someone to talk too and BEING ON HOLIDAY - CHILL OUT !!! We made the most of the all inclusive tours and on the whole all were very good. Sometimes marred slightly by age of buses, no room to spread out as all seats full and / or poor guides. Used the spa with our onboard credit and although good was - as always on cruise ships - very expensive. Library was well stocked and daily papers available. All the bars are well appointed with the entertainment therein being good. Did not use boutiques or casino. Only went to one shopping / port presentation but same old !! Finally whether I would sail again on REGENT I'll wait and see. It was very expensive ( For us that is ) and I will have to review the " All inclusive " part to see whether it suits us but will always remain a very enjoyable cruise to remember. My rating refers to cruise, ship & staff BONUS ---- NO PHOTOGRAPHERS HANGING AROUND EVERY CORNER, ASHORE, ETC

Excellent cruise in Caribbean

Seven Seas Explorer Cruise Review by merchant navy rules

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Suite

I found all the lectures well presented and enlightening.

BONUS ---- NO PHOTOGRAPHERS HANGING AROUND EVERY CORNER, ASHORE, ETC
merchant navy rules’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Explorer price drops

Concierge Suite
Cabin D 659
Large cabin, despite being close to lifts these - or people congregating - weren't heard.
As mentioned above