3. Carnival Vista
We were on 8 day cruise to Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Kitts and Grand Turk. The ship decor was quite nice. We had two inside rooms on deck 9, just below the Lido deck. Rooms were decent size. The Lido restaurant was beautiful and you can tell that it is a new ship. Pro: Ship is huge, and lots of space to relax outside. Decorations are nice and has two beautiful pillars which divide the length of ship in three. They have a great hand-washing system in Lido and my teenage boys loved it. There were a lot of food options but we are vegetarians so could not tell if the food was good or not. Lunch had way more options than dinner. Sky ride and Rope course was fun. Couple of shows were nice. We enjoyed a show called "flick". We did not watch any paid movies in the inside theater but it seemed nice. My kids enjoyed watching movie outside in open which was free. Con: Our room was not really cleaned. There were hair in the drawer and an empty water bottle in a corner. Fridge was also not clean. However as soon as I pointed it out to the person who was responsible for our room - he cleaned it immediately. He always greeted me with my name and happy to give towels when needed. The food in Horizon dining was below average and dinner was almost 2 to 3 hours affair. We had "on your own" dining. Service was slow and not much option if you are vegetarian. Some days we just did not think that we have in us to wait for a long time for the food so we ate at Lido deck. The customer service people were not friendly and could not even understand the complaint about food. They told us that if there is no vegetarian choice available in Horizons - we can pay and eat at Italian restaurant. I talked to the person in charge of Horizons dining hall - (amith ??) and he tried to accommodate us. I am not a good cook and my kids said that after 8 days they were looking forward to my food (which is saying something). I met three other families who had someone vegan/vegetarian and they also had trouble for "sit-down dinner". At lunch - there was Mexican food which was pretty good. Mongolian wok (or gi gi kitchen) at lunch was barely OK as they did not have tofu for vegetarians. Sky Ride and Rope course - was fun but opened only for 3 to 5 hours every day and last two days of the ship it was closed due to winds so that was a bummer as my kids thought of going on the rope course on the sea days at the end of the trip and they missed it. they enjoyed Foosball though. Excursion Desk - The reps were not very friendly and quite slow. My son won an excursion for two people but because of the cold weather all water excursion was canceled at Grand Turk and we were only informed 40 minutes before the ship docked at Grand Turk. The bad thing was that I was at Horizons for breakfast and the announcement was not made in the restaurant so I did not know till the ship docked. Breakfast at Horizons was better than Lido for us though still slow service. The Customer service desk was really slow and mostly had long lines. The entertainment - comedy shows were just average and after three days, I did not bother going. The dance shows - some of them were good but Liquid Lounge is too small and gets full easily. They need to have three shows rather than two shows or have at least one of the shows early like 5 PM as if you are planning to go to Horizons, and it takes 3 hours in the dining hall - you are surely going to have a challenge to watch the show. I would not go on the ship for more than 4 days, if I do go on this ship again as I was not happy with "overall service". some people at the ship loved the ship but I found many families who thought that their experience (like ours) was mediocre. It may be because it was the New Year sailing and ship was completely sold out - to many people. many of us thought that it was Not worth the money.

Beautiful ship, average food and service

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by San0102

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Cloud 9 Spa Interior

Sky ride and Rope course was fun.

Couple of shows were nice. We enjoyed a show called "flick".

they enjoyed Foosball though.

Breakfast at Horizons was better than Lido for us though still slow service.

The Customer service desk was really slow and mostly had long lines.

San0102’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3

Cloud 9 Spa Interior
Cabin 4S
Room was decent size and decor was nice.

Con - The toilet paper was not good quality and I hated that the flush was behind the seat cover -- this was the joke with everyone and even in the Ship's comedy show.
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins