• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

Crown is in nice but in need of upgrading.

Review for Crown Princess to South America
Mattiejane
10+ Cruises

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Balcony

My husband and I chose this cruise for New Years Eve and the fact that it was sailing to the ABC islands- which all three were very nice. A breath of fresh air compared to the other carribean destinations.

The Crown Princess is old but grand in size. Not oversized, but it is large. It was a sold out cruise which makes the trip somewhat of a struggle. Our balcony cabin was fine. Nothing spectacular but typical of Princess. We like it up in the bow so we routinely choose a cabin up there to be close to the gym and spa. We paid extra for the thermal spa which a few things did not work to our disappointment. They have no hair dryers in any of the gym or spa areas so be prepared to go back to your cabin with your hair dripping wet. (We experienced this on the Emerald as well.) I asked the hair salon which is attached if I could use a dollup of hair conditioner as my hair morphed into brillo pad status and it WAS new Years Eve! I was in panic mode. I got a snotty reply from one of the hairdressers telling me I should have booked an appointment but they were full up. He was of no help. I was not happy about the lack of assistance I received. No kindness there.

I am now supposed to be Elite status but Princess lost 10 of my sail days from 1994 and want me to prove I actually was in that cabin with my husband way back then! They have another woman named Carol Ball in that cabin with him! LOL. Never heard of her.

Balcony

Cabin BA

Cabin was a small balcony cabin toward the bow. It was quite comfortable. Nothing fancy but satisfactory.

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $284