3. Carnival Glory
I have cruised on the Carnival Glory before and because I really loved it, I booked again about a year and a half later. I mainly booked with the Glory again because I LOVED Eric Brauman, the cruise director on my Feb. 2016 trip; however, he is no longer with Carnival. Our cruise director was Dustin this time. Dustin was good, but he is no Eric! LOL. Eric made lots of announcements (which some people HATE) and Eric was such a comedian. Dustin was nice and funny, but I really wanted to cruise with Eric again! LOL. I traveled with two girlfriends and we stayed in Cabin 8428 (8th floor, AFT). The room was a typical interior cabin. One bunk and two twin beds (there was another bunk on the other side of the room, but we did not need it). There was a "cooler" as they called it in the room and because I have medicine that needs to be refrigerated, I was skeptical that it would keep it cold. Once we filled it up with the soda that we brought (one twelve pack of cans per person and one bottle of wine per person) the "cooler" got cold. Our steward was Gerald and he was nice. I could tell that this cruise they must have been short staffed as we did not see our steward as much as we did last year on the same cruise (last year was Eastern Caribbean, this year was Western Caribbean). I did not feel like there were as many picture paparazzi begging for us to pose either! At the pixel counter, there were not as many workers checking on us to see if we were taking pictures of the pictures either, LOL. Saturday and Sunday: SEA DAY. We laid by the pool most of the day. There were several comedy shows so we attended those. To be honest, I thought the family shows were better than the R rated shows. That is only my opinion, but last year, I skipped the family shows as I didnt think they would be funny. The first comedian was John DiCrosta and he was hilarious!!! Monday: Grand Cayman: We did not booked an excursion on this cruise and I am sort of disappointed that we didnt do much. I would have loved to see the Island more. We did walk to the beginning of 7 mile beach (about 2.5 miles from the port), but the beach was super rocky and not very nice. I regret not taking a taxi for $2.50 to 7 mile beach because apparently it is beautiful about 5 or 6 miles from port. When you go there, you MUST visit the Guy Harvey Store! He is the artist that paints all the Norwegian Cruise boats. He was not there the day we were there, but I guess he does paint in the store and you can meet him. I bought a bag from there. They also offer free wi-fi so we stayed there for a quite a while! lol Tuesday: Roatan (Honduras). My friend and I booked an excursion to a private beach for $40. It was neat because it was about a 45 minute drive and we got to see the country. the driver did not speak very much English so he did not give a tour or speak about the country, but we got to see how poor the country is! There is no running water there and most homes had water jugs outside of their home. I am not sure how they got them, I am assuming a store gets them shipped in or something. The excursion was called Tabyana Beach Break and it was through carnival. The place was nice, but there were MANY MANY MANY locals trying to sell you stuff! The security at the resort did not allow them to go near the beach chairs, but if you walked down to the beach, you were hounded!! I had my hair braided there for about $20. You could rent snorkel gear here and it was not very far into the water to see the reef. I heard people talking about seeing an octopus and barracuda. I wish I would have rented gear now because a lady said it was the best snorkeling she has ever done!!! Wednesday: Belize. We did not book an excursion here, but I wish I would have! The sopping at port is good, but there is a fence behind the port shops and DO NOT GO PAST THE GATE! It is very dangerous to venture out on your own. We sat at the wet lizard and ordered food and drinks to be able to use their wi-fi! The people were nice, but it did get busy the later in the day it was. I suggest doing an excursion here as there is not much to do. Day 6: Cozumel. I loved this port, but it was very busy!!!! There were about 6 to 7 boats total at this port on the day we were there. We did the dolphin interaction excursion through carnival and loved it! It was the 89.99 one that included all drinks and food you could eat! It was great! The food was buffet style and wonderful. The dolphinarus resort was only about 5 to 10 minutes from the port. We were there about 3 hours or so and then went back to port to shop. I loved the dolphins!! Overall the cruise was great. I will do another boat next time since I was already on the Glory twice now. I loved the Lip Sync battle and would love to see that show again on another carnival boat. I paid for the social media package and was able to facebook message my family during the cruse. It was a slow connection, but messages did go through. Pictures took a few minutes at least, but it was better than paying an arm and a leg though Verizon. The room was fine, but at night I did hear furniture moving or something above us. I wonder if the dining area or housekeeping rooms were above us. It was very loud each night, almost like chairs scooting in and out. I did not hear that last year in the room next door (8432). The Guy Fieri restaurant is great! We loved the burgers. We only went to the dining room a few times and chose to eat buffet instead. During dining times, the buffet is not busy at all. We chose early dining (6pm), but seldom went. The buffet was fine for us. During breakfast, the lines are long, on the said of the buffet there is an express lane that was never full. They have French toast, eggs, sausage, and bacon. I chose to get my food at that window since I never had to wait. I do not think many people knew about it. I would recommend this cruise!

AWESOME!!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by StephanieMerie

I would recommend this cruise!
StephanieMerie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Interior
Cabin 4F 8428
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Belize City
    TONS of shopping at this port. Be sure to visit the Wet Lizard and if you purchase something, you can use their WiFi. Use your wifi calling on your phone and call home for free! We did not venture out of the "gate" located behind the port because we heard it is not safe. the port area was very safe. This is a tender port, so be prepared to take a tender boat to port. We saw dolphins on our way to port!
    View All 2,329 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Dolphin Swim & Encounter
    We visited Dolphinaris and had a dolphin encounter. It was very fun and the trainers were awesome. this excursion does not allow you to swim with them, but you you get your picture with them and touch and interact with them. Be warned, ONE single picture is $30 USD.
    View All 415 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Take a taxi cab to 7 mile beach.. do not walk! The start of the beach is about 2.5 miles from port and it very rocky. You want to take a taxi to the sandy part of the beach!
    View All 3,411 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    We visited Tabyana Beach. They had food available for purchase. The water is stunning. Be sure to rent snorkel gear as I did not and completely regret it. Many people saw octupus and barracuda. A lady said this was the best snorkeling she has ever done. You can snorkel right from the beach. Be warned, there are TONS of locals trying to sell you stuff. They are not allowed to come near the chairs, but if you want to walk to the beach, you will be hassled.The water was very blue and shallow for a ways out. The bus ride there is about 45 minutes, but it goes by quick because there is so much to see. You will see exactly how the locals live, which makes me appreciate what I have at home. It is a very poor area, but I loved seeing it firsthand. The locals were very friendly and appreciated the tourism.