3. Carnival Vista
I decided to write this cruise because of all of the other great reviews I read out there that helped to make our choice during that stressful time of trying to pick the best cruise. I will first address some of the claims we saw several times on other reviews that almost made us change our minds but in fact turned out to be not an issue at all for us. I will then share some tips and then go over a quick review of the ship. **The ship has huge line ups for food and the elevator** Food - luckily we didn't encounter huge line ups all the times. Yes its true that during the busy times there are some big line ups for food (buffett/guys burger) but the lines do go by pretty fast. I was able to line up for the guys burgers several times with no line ups at all. There will be busy times such as during breakfast but there are a lot of options in order to by-pass the line. For example, you can order room service to your room for breakfast (or anytime of the day) this was useful as near the end of the cruise we were only eating cereal. The blue iguana service freshly made burritos and tacos and usually never has a line up (Lido deck 10). Try to guess when people will want to go to eat and then just go ten minutes before or after and you'll be okay. Elevators - the very first day upon embarkment the line ups for the elevators were busy and right after a shower from the theatre so we would just take the stairs. But every other time the elevators were not that bad at all. If we waited from more than 30 seconds we would take the stairs (mobility isn't an issue for me). Food was average. I've only been on the Princess Regal cruise last year and I was blown away by the food. I have a major sweet tooth and found the dessert bar disappointing. I remember the food on the Princess being a lot better. Guy Burger was probably the best thing on the ship. The cruise director, Matt, and the entertainment was great. Especially if you like to sing and dance. The beach chairs were always taken super early with people putting a towel down and then leaving for hours which isn't fair. The sky rider and water slides were a lot of fun. The ropes course too. Try to get on the ship early and knock these fun items off your list to avoid big line ups later. It's a nice ship, doesn't look worn down as I read in another post. Internet I called ahead of time to the Carnival customer service number and they specifically told me that I could purchase the social media internet package ($5/day) on a daily basis as needed when I'm on the ship. When I get on the ship they say that's not possible and that I have to buy the $72/week plan. Definitely not impressed. The customer service agent was not helpful at all. Didn't really appreciate this as I was misled from the company. Embarkment I thought the porters who collect your bags work for Carnival. They asked for a tip when we left our bags and I told him that I didn't have any cash on me. None of our bags showed up at our cabin as I'm sure he tore off all of our luggage tags ( I had stapled them on quiet well). I then had to go to customer service and wait in line for 40 minutes to collect my bags. This is a service that should be covered by the cruise ship or at least inform us. Overall great ship good time. Would recommend.

Had a great time!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by romey867

**The ship has huge line ups for food and the elevator**

It's a nice ship, doesn't look worn down as I read in another post.

Internet

Embarkment

Overall great ship good time. Would recommend.
romey867’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4E 8479
Probably the best cabin you can pick. It's in the aft (back) of the ship and it tucked into a corner off of the main hallway so the only people who would be walking in your hallway is your 4 neighbours or the cleaning staff. Super quiet. Never heard a peep. Only two floors away from the Lido deck (deck 10) that has the pool and buffett! Highly recommend this cabin.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins