3. Viking Sun
Cuba. If you decide to travel to Cuba, do not take Viking cruise. I am a big fan of Viking but they did their passengers a disservice by landing at Cienfuegos. To get to Havana, we were onboard a bus on uneven, rocky highways for almost eight hours there and back. And, Havana is what you most want to see in Cuba not Cienfuegos. I loved Havana - the Hemingway House, the historic squares and churches. Havana has it all including a vibrant nightlife. I can heartily recommend a trip to Cuba just not on Viking as long as they port in Cienfuegos. The ship was beyond expectation. Great food, plenty of spaces to be by yourself, no glitzy casino, the ice grotto was lots of fun, opulent furnishings, Viking has brought a new standard to ocean cruising. However, I would recommend any other line to Cuba if their ship docks in Havana.

Cuba Nightmare

Viking Sun Cruise Review by barnaclebob64

• Sail Date: November 2017
  • Destination: Cuba
Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Dear barnaclebob64, Thank you for reviewing your Viking cruise to Cuba. While we regret to hear of your disappointment regarding your change in itinerary, we are pleased to learn that your onboard experience was pleasant overall. If you would like to share any additional comments about your recent Viking experience, we would be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we may continue the conversation. Have a lovely day, barnaclebob64, and thank you for your feedback. Best regards, Viking Cruises
barnaclebob64’s Full Rating Summary