3. Norwegian Jade
This was my wife and I's 7th cruise, second on NCL, first on the Jade. I started planning the cruise in May for a Thanksgiving cruise. We arrived in Barcelona a day early to see a little of the city. We walked the La Rambla seeing the open air markets. Very interesting. Next day we took the HOHO and was worth the money to see all the sights. Be careful European Union contries are very expensive. Take a private vendor to your hotel or ship, about 9 Euros apiece as apposed to 20 for a taxi. They can be gotten where the buses are at the airport.

Embarkation was very smooth, took about 15 min. I had made arrangements for independent excursions for all our destinations except Malta where we did the HOHO. We saved our group about $800 each. They worked out perfectly. All were great with the personel touche.

The food one the Jade was good not great by any means. The rooms were clean and the ship very nice. The entertainment was good with the ensemble group the best I have heard. Just a warning. We use a debit card and it worked great, but somehow they photographed by card and got my pin in Rome and got over $2000 out my account before Visa blocked it.

This was a great trip, St. Peters, Athens, Ephesus, the Pyramids, Wow!! All in all because of this it was a great time. The ship could improve it's food and I can't believe they allow smoking in the rooms. But it is still a bargain and I would say everyone should go.

What great places to see

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by jayhawk72

jayhawk72’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8088
Our cabin had lots of storage, a good shower, beds not so great
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins