Noordam Cruise Review

Noordam Cruise Review by bubbles1941

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

I am not a complainer and prefer positive feedback. This is a little of both. I can only compare to P. & O. Stateroom, food, staff exceptional. I did not find as much fun as P. & O. lines. The Gala nights were almost not, sure we dressed up but nothing special went on. I missed the buzz of theme nights. Activities were mostly, to me and my two daughters, boring. I mean who goes on a holiday to have lessons in cooking, computer and digital camera. The art was exceptional, the Spa was great albiet very overpriced. Shops were better than P. & O. and the bars were great altho the cocktails I love just did not taste the same as P. & O. We loved our rooms next door to each other and balconies which were opened so we enjoyed going in and out of each others rooms without having to knock. When I was sick it was great my daughters could check on me without me getting out of bed. The Restaurants were wonderful and staff everywhere as I said were exceptional,. Entertainment was mediocre but enjoyable. Summery: Theme nights more fun, activities which are fun rather than chores. Would I go on a Dam again. Not sure, but as an avid cruiser it is possible. I did win a "cruise" but was told that it is not actually a cruise you get whereas when I won one on Aria, myself and friend have a balcony suite for two and ten day cruise, so with P. & O. I did win a full cruise, have not rung yet but will be interested to see exactly what I won with Noordam. Excursions - unfortunately I am physically unable to get into a tender so could only do two shore excursions which I enjoyed immensely. I took a photography package and photographer was wonderful, we have everlasting memories.

bubbles1941's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin E 4166

bed was so comfortable and more than enough storage space, no complaints at all about the Stateroom or service that went with it.

Discovery Tchou Tchou Train

this was a great way to see Noumea, it was Christmas day so fairly quiet but the sights were wonderful

View All 68 Discovery Tchou Tchou Train Reviews
Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)

looked wonderful and both daughters enjoyed, however I could not use a tender.

Mystery Island

once again I could not take a tender but both daughters enjoyed immensely

Port Vila

am clicking excellent for my daughters, I could not get off.

Champagne Bay (Vanuatu)

Two daughters loved Champagne Bay, I could not get off ship

Luganville

Again I could not get off ship but both daughters did and loved it

bubbles1941