3. Royal Princess
Wanted to do something really special for our honeymoon and choose a Mediterranean cruise for my husband's first cruise and my first Princess Cruise. We flew into Rome and went directly to the ship. Embarkation was smooth and painless. Great cabin (balcony) aft on Marina Deck just one deck below the buffet which was probably not a good idea. We had Any Time Dining and never ever had to wait for a table. Next cruise will book Early Dining so we can get to know our waiter better and perhaps have interesting table mates. Our cabin was spacious enough as was the balcony. Since we were so close to Lido deck we ate at the buffet more than the dining room. Food was good, waiters were friendly and efficient, never seemed to be crowded. If you're looking for something different Alfredo's is a good choice. Entertainment - I've experienced better entertainment in the theater on other cruise lines but the game shows in Princess Live were fun. The Atrium was too small for some of the events they held there. Most of the time you were left standing trying to see through the crowd. Shopping on board left a lot to be desired but we weren't there to shop. Ports of call were well-chosen. We simply walked around all the ports instead of going on excursions and inhaled the ambience. Not sure what all the excitement over the Sea Walk is about - would rather have a water slide. Overall the ship was well maintained and all the staff were very friendly and attentive. We attended the cooking demonstration followed by a very quick tour of the galley. On the way out I surreptitiously asked the maitre 'd where I could get a chef's hat for my husband. He took down my cabin number and one was delivered in less than an hour - amazing! My husband was very surprised. Getting off the ship was also smooth. We stayed in Barcelona for a few days after the cruise. We would recommend touring this city (great public transportation) but cannot recommend flying out of it, the airport is totally disorganized. We didn't get our gate number until just before boarding and signage is so poor it's amazing that people don't miss their flights. Have to recommend making a future cruise deposit - it's a win win situation. Overall a great experience - will have to start looking for last minute prices so we can afford to go more often.

Honeymoon cruise

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Sophia15

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Shopping on board left a lot to be desired but we weren't there to shop.

Have to recommend making a future cruise deposit - it's a win win situation.

Sophia15’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE M710
Reasonably spacious, well equipped. Balcony was certainly large enough for 2 people.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins