Oasis of the Seas Review

3,770 reviews

Oasis of the Seas -New Frontier in Cruising!

Review for Nowhere Cruise on Oasis of the Seas
meelee
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2009
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Traveled with children

Beyond her sheer size, there were many attributes to this ship that I found impressive - and some that I was surprised by. For example, I expected to be overwhelmed not only by the distances that would have to be covered in moving from place to place, but just in trying to remember where all the points of interest - restaurants, lounges, showrooms, shops, rides, activity areas - were located. However, I found the arrangement of the ship to be logical, which made navigation relatively easy. Furthermore, the flat screen navigation aids on each floor were quite helpful whenever I wasn't sure exactly where a particular destination was.

Also, with our cabin being near mid-ship, the distances we had to cover were not as great as I had expected. I found the elevators to be (1) conveniently located and (2) adequate for the volume of traffic, at least on this particular cruise. So getting around was surprisingly quick and convenient for a ship this large.

Following are some specific comments - positive and negative - about certain aspects of the ship. Since we were on board for just two days, we were unable to avail ourselves of everything the ship has to offer. Accordingly, these comments are limited to what we personally experienced.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D5
previous reviewnext review

Find an Oasis of the Seas Cruise from $259

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.