This was our honeymoon, so my generally frugal husband and I decided to splurge on a verandah room. When we arrived in our cabin after a gloriously simple embarkation, we were disappointed to find that our cabin on the observation deck did not have a full verandah, but a little half circle that had no chairs, etc. Just when I was beginning to get annoyed, our delightful cabin steward came in to introduce himself and orient us to some of the amenities on the ship. He began the cruise with friendly unobtrusive service that remained consistent throughout. This was my 11th cruise and he was most definitely the best cabin steward I have ever had. Let me preface the rest of the review by saying that our experience on the Eurodam was vastly different from any of the other lines I have sailed on. If you are looking for the novelty of random silly activities and drunk partying fellow cruisers, this is not the line for you. The demographics, were, as predicted, primarily retirees. We had some reservations about this, but our fellow passengers were delightful. The Ship--the condition of the ship was superb! This is a 1-2 year old ship. The decor is very tasteful and flows very well. The ship does not have the big open atrium area that other ships do, but it provides a level of intimacy that is refreshing. There were 2000 passengers on our sailing, yet it seemed that the ship was only 1/2 full. Our two days at sea, we spent on the top forward deck of the ship and there were only a handful of passengers around us. There was one three hour period when we did not see an single person. It was very relaxing. Dining--One of the few things that we found very annoying about the dining areas on the ship was the Lido area. It is "buffet" style, but you are served the main entrees and the attendants even prepare your coffee for you, which we found to be a bit much. There seemed to be an awful lot of waiting in line for no apparent reason. The food, however, was very good. If you go, try the hot chocolate--surprisingly rich and tasty. The Dining Room food and service were, at minimum, three notches above the other lines. The service was efficient, the food arrived at the table on time and at temperature. They did a lot of great lamb and duck dishes and the filet and lobster were fantastic. They could have done a little better with desserts. Room Service was great. We ordered coffee every morning and it arrived right on time each day. Casino--very small with a very limited selection. Bar Service--definitely not their strong suit. Very limited selection of imports and they did not have half of what was on the menu. Public Areas--very comfortable furnishings and set-up. The Queen's Lounge offered daily culinary demonstrations. Entertainment--The ship's entertainers were the standard "show choir". They had a very funny comedian, a terrible magician and a Celtic group that may or may not have been entertaining, as Irish drinking songs are not really in our taste. The Indonesian staff did a delightful show--it was my favorite. My husband appreciated that they had both Sunday and Monday NFL games available for viewing. Shopping-somewhat limited selection with a very rude staff. Between the shops and the bar, we spent far less money than we normally would have. Ports of call/excursions: Grand Turk: Wonderful port. We did the dune buggy excursion and had a blast! San Juan: Another great spot. We did the Old San Juan walking tour--very interesting. St Thomas--a pit! Very disappointing port. We did the Paradise Tram and St Peter Greathouse. If you go here, I recommend taking the ferry to St John. Private Island: WOW! There were paved pathways, plenty of Chairs and rental equipment, and restrooms about every hundred feet. Heads and shoulders above the other 4 I have been to on competitor's lines. Disembarkment: VERY efficient. 15 minutes from our 12 floor room, through customs and baggage and into the cab. KUDOS! In short: Cons: Rude gift shop staff, limited casino, limited bar service, too many private cabanas that were not in use and taking up space poolside, Lido was very inefficient--a real hassle, no bar for my husband to enjoy a cigar, mediocre entertainment, photography was mediocre. PROS: Excellent food and service, very clean ship, handtowels in the public restrooms, cold towels upon return to ship, plenty of space for handicapped passengers to maneuver, delightful passengers and dinner companions, unobtrusive staff, culinary demonstrations, Explorer Lounge with games and books, DVD player in room, robes and slippers in room for comfort, spacious cabins and bathrooms, very efficient embarkation and debarkation, informative papers about ports of call, daily newspapers, "Mailboxes" outside the room. Overall, we were extremely pleased with this cruise. It was an excellent choice for our honeymoon.

Exquisite Eurodam

Eurodam Cruise Review by croozin couple

Casino--very small with a very limited selection.
Ports of call/excursions:
In short:
croozin couple’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

11002--Great location. Tucked away in the corner. Very little noise. Very spacious--great storage space. Excellent view. Tiny balcony.
  Eurodam Deck Plans