3. Caribbean Princess
My family and I cruised on the Princess Caribbean. It was a 14 night cruise covering 9 ports. We had never cruised with Princess before, now I know why. So I’ll start with our staterooms. We booked 2 balcony cabins. I must say, we choose Princess because we missed out booking with Celebrity, our favorite cruise line. The staterooms smelled of urine. I mistakenly hung my night shirt on the bathroom hook, when I went to sleep in it, it reeked of piss. Piss is stronger than urine in my opinion. The sheets were barely changed. My son mistakenly spilled chili on his sheets and the sheets stayed on the bed 3 more days. My cabin was on the Caribe deck, deck 10. The laundry room must have experienced a leak because every evening the floors were wet and quite naturally it began to smell of mildew. It was very difficult to charge our devices, the outlets barely worked, at least consistently. We had 3 formal nights of dining, which meant we had to dress accordingly, so we did. All dressed up to eat what the Little Rascals referred to as mush. The food could have been feed to the malnourished animals on the islands we visited. The food on the lido deck was not much better, but at least we could manage a halfway decent breakfast. I ate Cheerios, Grape Nuts and bananas. I did manage to have a triangular shaped hash brown, egg over easy and crisp bacon on a couple of mornings,thank goodness. The third formal night we were treated to a dish referred to as “Lobster 3 ways. “ Well, what we received was lobster one way, nasty and tasteless. Seriously they didn’t even try, another way to keep overhead low. Now let’s move on to the service. Disembarking the ship when we were in port, the attendants were rude. Just to be clear, there was a noticeable difference in the way I was treated versus the way people with less melanin was treated. Take that anyway you want to. The funny thing is that the people of color that I encountered basically experienced the same treatment, coincidental, doubt it. Now let’s talk a bit about the activities and entertainment. There was BINGO, steel pan drums, ice sculpting, drink mixing, mahjong, western line dancing, do I need to go on ? There was a tribute to Whitney Houston,the height of activities for me. I heard it mentioned that Princess can offer better prices because they have less overhead. That makes sense because everything they offer is sub par. They claimed to have spent all this money when the ship was in dry dock. I believe they said 28 million. I think that was a mistake. It was probably like 28 dollars. Save your money and cruise another line. Cruising with Princess is money wasted. Quite frankly, this experience has left an indelible first impression. No Mas, No Mas.

Bad dream or nightmare