First time cruise for myself and husband we were so looking forward to this cruise as booked a year in advance and was looking forward to going to Tortola and St.Maarten but due to the hurricane these stops got replaced and got an extra sea day. My expectations were high, thus ended up disappointed. The formal nights we had four in total all dressed up to the nines, looking all old school Hollywood, I honestly thought what a waste of time, I was expecting magic and sparkle but there was none, there really was nothing exciting about these nights at all. We have never been to the Caribbean, so we were excited to go on the cruise to see the Caribbean islands, the sea days were too long started to get cabin fever as wanted to get onto dry land to explore. The islands we visited we did enjoy and had great weather with only one rain day being on the 3rd last day. Favourite place was Barbados and St Kitts all locals in all the islands we visited were polite and lovely I would definitely go back to the Caribbean especially Barbados in a heartbeat and St. Kitts. The room we had was very basic and extremely tired looking and a lovely colour of brown, the bathroom tiles behind the taps was all mouldy and black we have never had this in any hotel we have stayed in, the shower took ages to drain. The top cover on bed was stained and even with the change of bed linen again top cover still stained. Shelf that TV was on again dusty and the same on shelves in bathroom. The room we had was on the 11th floor, odd numbers, my left ankle was bitten twice early in the morning in bed and ended up with two really big red bite marks that took another a week to heal when I got home. My husband was fine but we just felt that the room cleanliness was not up to scratch. The staff some of them looked miserable throughout our two weeks and other staff were lovely. The wait for drinks at the bars at the pools was so slow and poor. Found the price of alcohol to be expensive. We took one of the wine packages, the wine was awful that we got was awful, we took the captains package, glad we only took the 4 bottles, husband ended up drinking the last two bottles, in my opinion what we got recommended to us was truly awful. Also, came across some really rude older passengers on this cruise with a sense of entitlement, But also spoke to some really lovely folk giving us some really useful information on the Caribbean. The food was really disappointing was expecting getting a taste Caribbean food but this was a no no. The food choice pretty much catered for the older folk on the ship the usual fish and chips, steak pie,custard and dumplings the usual stuff you can get in a Witherspoons or brewers fayre. It was an opportunity missed. We went to the epicurean and the meal was amazing and staff and service was first class with the chef going round each table asking everyone if they enjoyed their meal. We had 2nd dinner setting in the oriental and had a lovely couple on our table the gentleman kept me laughing for two weeks, so funny. I would go on another cruise but not with P&O, we picked this cruise as we thought they were the benchmark, we were so wrong.

Disappointing - first time cruise!

Azura Cruise Review by Barbadossunshine