3. Carnival Victory
I have am a slight handicapped passenger. i did not need a wheel chair. I had preregistered on line and the curbside support was great. the first dock people in the terminal were more interested in text on thier cell phones and not helping the passengers. when I asked what time I had to board she said its on my boarding pass. No zone was or number was on the pass that I made on line. I am a gold member and that meant nothring. I had signed up for a 12:30 boarding time and the not attentive two gate agents siad you wil jjust have to wait. when i was charging my phone I can what appeared to the supevisor or the gate area and she said I could have boarded already. We finally started the process of getting onto the ship. That is when all service disappeared. We go to the room after waiting and hour in the buffet area. the buffet line was over an hour wait. there was no assistance offered and I finally gave up and went directly to the salad bar. for a ship with over 3000 guest I would have thought more possible stations then the pasta hamburger and buffet areas would be open. the pizza was also an hour wait and the hambuger and pasta areas were also an hour wait. why the main dining rooms werent open I have no clue. When qwe got to the room. the 3rd wasnt there. We had expected a drop down bed but instead with had a trundle bed with a reaslly crappy mattress. No one was answering the steward line and no one was answering the service line. we finally went to the front desk another 45 min wait. Once I got the desk I was completely rebuffed with the fine print of the contract. if we had been told it was a trundle bed we would not have reserved the extended balcony for three. we would have gotten a standard balcony wiht the drop down ben. I asked for wheel chair assist and waited over 25 min. so my first 4 hours with Carnival were horrible. No food. room number ready and no wheel chair every showed up. when I gave up on the wheel chair another supervisor who was directing the traffic asked if he could help. My legs at that point had giving out and caused me to fall. Again no help from a staff to get up or get a wheel chair. then the continuous annoouncements. We douldnt understand and single word fo the announcements. if the ship needs to do this as load as they are it needs to be fixed. the announcements at 10 am and later should be eliminated and teh training load horns on the cozumel day were horrible. I thinki I load the hearing from laying out on the serenity deck. The food on the ship was about mcdonalds level of tastiness. poor soups, same deserts every night and the meat was 1/2 rate. this was my 11th crusie and 10th with carnival my gold level on this cruise ment nothing except the pin. no captains toast and nothing in docking etc. The service team needs to go to jet blue RCCL or southwest about service. our room steward was decent and no one got an additianal tip. I should have actually reduced all of the tips to $0 dollars. I was with 10 other men and trying to get carnival to get us onto a single table was like asking moses to party the red sea. We ended up with drunk lady that pissed off one of our guest who was celebrating his birthday and we ahd men at 3 other tables. The pizza was only decent. for the wait I would have expected more. It was basic but very greasy. I asked for vinegar for my fries and was told they didnt have any. IN all of my cruises on carnival I looked forward to different appetizer and never turned away a main because the pasta, sauce or meats were great. the sauses were average, the plate was filled with stuff that didnt look or taste good and the desert bar at the buffet was the same stuff each day. I guess the desert chefs have been allowed to serve substandard fare. I will not take the Victory again. I have had a ton better service on teh smaller ships like sendation and facination. and the ship we had in Alaska. I think we will use RCCL and celebrity for future cruises.

What a waste of money and time. Bad service, no service and poor food

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by bundi356

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

bundi356’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 7327
I would not spend the additional money for the extended balcond with 3 people. the trundle bed should be been very open in the booking process and that it was not a drop down bed. the trundle bed wasnt good even for kid let alone a 60 yo retired guy with back issues.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins