• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Celebrity Eclipse Review

Editor Rating
1923 reviews
102 Awards

Mostly highs but a few lows on our first X cruise

Review for Celebrity Eclipse to the Western Caribbean
HaveDogWillTravel
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2017
Cabin: AquaClass 1

The following comments are only my impressions and my experiences during the Dec 21- Jan 2 2017 Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. We all realize that people on the same cruise can walk away with very different and at times conflicting experiences.

I have previously sailed 48 days on 3 different Princess ships taking 5 different itineraries. Three of my cruises on Princess were in full suites (578- 740 sq ft cabins) and the other two were in mini-suites (323 sq ft cabin) This was my first cruise on Celebrity and I chose an Aqua suite (248 sq ft cabin) to stay within the same budget I allow for my Princess Cruises.

In some cases below I do compare my experience on X to my experiences on Princess.

AquaClass 1

Cabin A1

Our Aqua class cabin had a very nice multiple head shower and the bathroom had a nightlight that I really liked. The couch had three cushions so it was large and pretty comfy too.

There was a shear lack of square footage in our stateroom compared to what the same amount of money will get me on a Princess ship. The Aqua room was less expensive than our budget allowed but the next step up -Sky Suite (302 sq ft) was way over budget and still much smaller for the money than Princess.

No nightstands with drawers next the bed.

Inadequate amount of storage.

No room for personal items in shower

No counter space in bathroom

I found the bed very uncomfortable and there was no topper available. Princess rolled out their Luxury Bed and it is heavenly (to me). I love it so much I bought it.

Find a Celebrity Eclipse Cruise from $384