Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by jemfields
- Sail Date: July 2017
- Destination: Baltic Sea
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window (limited view)
1. Children are only looked after by kids club care while a parent is onboard. - If both parents (Authorized person) leave to go on a shore trip they MUST take the kids with them - Noting that a number of the shore trips are not for children -
2. The only compromise is to have a staff member - not trained in child care are not having any basic emergency medical training baby sit them in your room. That's not to the same standards as kids club as they staff member could be any volunteer -
3. The Internet on board continually dropped out for a lot of the day, while my 4G/3G Modem to Norway telco was providing 50 - 100 Mb/s from the room - for all the trip other than a 8 hour ocean trip from Norway to Scotland. When I pointed out this to the IT staff they said that Satellite was the only way they could provide the service. In addition that noted that Internet complaints where the largest item of complaint.
4. Children leaving the vessel can be marked for checking that they have a parent with them. However, every time we left the ship our child ran ahead and was never stopped.. There identification system rang a bell and they then turned it off at no stage stopping the child
I pointed out the kids club issue during the trip to the Director of Services and they advised that its company policy and there is no flexibility
I showed the engineering and IT staff the speed I had with 3g/4G while at sea and was advised that they have 32 Mb/s to the satellite and that it ...When they loose the Satellite they have a backup but on trip to far northern latitudes they will continually have a problem.
this was not a good family experience.
I have rated below ignoring tese issues
250,000+ people have entered their email
- View All Outside Cabin Reviews
- View All Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window (limited view) (E1) Reviews