Marella Celebration Cruise Review

Marcella celebration should retire

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by tracy 2017

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: the Caribbean

This cruise was the first for my partner and the third for myself. My partner has been put off for ever cruising again. This ship should of been weighed in along time ago, we were never told that the norovirus was present on the ship before we embarked, had we known we would not have went.

You could not serve yourself at all to ANYTHING .. not even a glass of water. the food and service was terrible... over cooked / undercooked / small portions , it was awful, the waitress had a cold and was sniffing all over the place. they all looked miserable as hell and would ignore you most of the time. There was nothing to do on this ship due to virus even the pools were empty half the time.

The excursions were expensive and all very samey, if you wanted to do your own thing there wasn't much going on in the ports obviously so you had to get cabs to get anywhere which is ok if you know where you want to go.

The only thing that saved the day was the entertainment gang, they were fabulous and should be on a better ship as they are wasted on this one.

Our inside cabin had paper thin walls and we could hear conversations and tv's on both sides of our cabin, at night the constant vibration of the engines did not let up and creaked and groaned all night long , the air condition was so bad that I felt I was suffocating by the early hours of the morning every morning, two days. before we disembarked I started to get a bad persistent cough and sore throat which developed into a cold and severe chest infection which spoilt the weeks holiday after the cruise, its the 4 jan 2018 as I right this and I'm still ill and only started to unpack today, we got home on the 28 dec 2017.

I strongly strongly advise anybody to avoid this ship like your life depends on it...Thompson should be absolutely ashamed to advertise this old tub as a cruise ship, everything about it, its crew, amenities, restaurants etc is way over its sale by date... I could go on and on and on.... AVOID AVOID AVOID

tracy 2017's Full Rating Summary