3. Navigator of the Seas
Recognition for outstanding service to the Diamond Lounge Concierge JJ. She was such a delightful person and truly the only highlight of my cruise vacation. She made us feel at home at the diamond lounge and was soo attentive to our needs and concerns. She was the best and only good thing we had on this cruise. Now I would like to bring up certain issues I have regarding this cruise vacation: 1- The cafe promenade. I observed the person in charge and she was rude and unprofessional towards the other crew members. It is not right or fair for her to talk to them in a bad matter in front of the guests. This is not acceptable and needs to stop. This is something I have observed going on as a trend on all my previous vacations as well. If a crew member needs to be counseled it needs and must be done behind close doors and not in front of the guests because that is just not wrong and it reflects poorly on Royal Caribbean as a company because it allows individuals like these keep on doing the wrong things. 2- The policy of chairs at the pool deck needs to be seriously looked at. I had to fight and struggle to get a chair to lay out in the sun but no chairs were available since other guests would leave their belongings or leave a towel and they would return way past the 30 minute rule established by Royal Caribbean regarding not reserving chairs. This is a big issue that NEEDS TO STOP!!!. It is unacceptable that I can't even enjoy some sun because I can't find a chair. I should not be going in circles walking all around the pool decks searching for a chair. 3-The dress code at the diamond lounge needs to be fully enforced. It is not the concierge's fault that some guests decide to not follow the rules already set regarding what is appropriate to wear at the diamond lounge. Some guests truly love to take advantage of their status and what I saw people wearing in the lounge was just disgusting and unacceptable. Just because of your crown and anchor society status it does not mean you are free to do whatever you want. Royal Caribbean NEEDS TO REALLY BE FIRM ON RULES!! not fair for me as a diamond member to see other guests dressed like they are going to a beach outing. 4-Minors should not be allowed at all at the diamond lounge. This is a rule that has always existed but on this voyage once again many guests would bring their entire family to the lounge. NO MINORS ALLOWED!! This needs to stop and must be enforced. And this is not at all the diamond lounge concierge because guests truly make things difficult for the concierge and as a great concierge her role is to make things good for everyone regardless. So please do not even think of blaming the concierge because she is phenomenal and amazing. Guests just love to make things complicated which affects all other guests as well. If guests are not willing to follow rules then their crown and anchor status should be revoked or suspended. 5-The food selection at the windjammer was terrible. There was no really good food for me to truly enjoy and eat. I had a terrible time eating and it was terrible. The sugar-free desserts were minimal and once they were gone that was it which is soo disappointing and it should not be this way. It felt that everyday the food selection was the same and nothing truly new or attractive for me to eat. I have never ever been soo upset with the food selection and quality as I had been on this cruise. Royal Caribbean needs to seriously upgrade their food quality and selection and honestly stop being cheap about things. As a loyal cruiser to Royal Caribbean after 17 cruises all with RCCL it is sad to see what is happening and all this scaling back to cut corners truly does not payoff in the end 6- For being a Christmas cruise there was not much of a christmas feeling onboard. It felt that all the hype was all for nothing. There was barely a tree and some basic decorations on the promenade. What I was expecting was more of a winter wonderland but that was not the case. Yes there was a Santa parade but even that was poorly done and many other guests as well were upset with the lack of christmas feeling on this voyage. 7- Room service charge of $7.95 WHY??? This is soo not right and not expected. It caught me by surprise when I saw on the room service menu there was a charge even for lunch items. WOW!!. I can understand if food is ordered after midnight but for lunch and even for breakfast to charge for food like SERIOUSLY ROYAL CARIBBEAN!! For the first time ever after 17 cruises with Royal Caribbean I am very disappointed in the service and product I received. What I paid for does not come not even an inch close to what I received on-board.

Overrated Christmas Cruise