3. Disney Dream
We traveled with a family group of 10, similar to our cruise a few years ago on the same Disney ship with a different group of 10. We definitely built the excitement given our excellent experience on the first cruise, but it failed to measure up this time. Out of Disney/s control, our daybag was stolen during our excursion to Atlantis Aquaventure. We reported the robbery to Atlantis and Disney, but neither took steps to address the issue. Even just asking if there was anything that they could help us with would've made some difference. Our stateroom host didn't set up our beds reliably and chatted on his phone instead of greeting us. It sounds snotty, expecting someone to pause their conversation to say 'good morning,' but that has been my experience on other cruises. My husband and I booked a Couples Choice spa appt, and were very disappointed. The suite was not as pictured on the website-- "canopied roman daybed" actually means 2 chaise lounges. And Bathing ritual means being sent to the communal locker room to await an open shower (even though there was a lovely shower in the suite- we were not permitted to use it). And after the jacuzzi soak and massage, they sit you back down and give a very hard sell trying to make you buy spa products. $179 for 10 packs of bath salts! We spent nearly $600 including gratuity, and I was shocked at the gimmicky sales pitch at the end of our appt-- so much for floating out of the spa. I will give much credit to our servers in the restaurants- my youngest has a food allergy and they did a great job taking care of her, and were friendly and fun every dinner.

Quality has slipped since our last Disney cruise

Disney Dream Cruise Review by Devann

Ages 13 to 15
Get Disney Dream price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin 08B 8512
Sleeps 5, with 2 bunks and a murphy.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Castaway Cay
    Great experience snorkeling for kids- even saw a sea turtle. Not the best situation if you have experience actually diving or snorkeling in more exotic locales, but that is understandable given how many beginners are stirring up the bottom effecting visibility. Cookies BBQ was pretty delicious. The water slides were fun later in the day when the line dissipated. We were disappointed that we could rent a hobie cat or floating bike at 3-- we had 1hr 45 until the final boarding time, but they wouldn't let us rent for 30 min.
    View All 456 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    My family of 5 visited Aquaventure as day visitors from the Disney Dream. There does not appear to be any capacity limits-- lines are incredibly long, and there are not enough chairs available. Staff, aside from the drink waiters, are unfriendly. We would've made the best of it and not returned and probably not bothered even writing this review had that been the gist of our experience.......... However, being robbed gave us insight worth sharing. Our backpack was left unattended while we went on one slide-- there were no chaises available so we asked a staff member if it would be OK for us to leave our bag (with disposable cameras, flip flops, coverups and sunscreen inside it), nearby her chair. She said yes. When we returned to retrieve our bag- the employee and our bag was gone. After much hassle, we were directed to a small "Security" shed with one woman staffer present. She took the report and sat back down at her desk. My husband had gone to get our actual valuables out of the locker so I waited by security. As I waited, a couple approached in tears to report their missing child. The security lady took their report with the exact same nonchalance that she had treated mine. It was absolutely appalling to watch a mother tearfully describe her son's bathing suit while this "security" person looked off lackadaisically like there were a million other things requiring her attention. Needless to say, we didn't get our bag back... but Atlantis did try to charge us $50 for the locker key that was in our stolen bag. HA. They watched us board our van back to the ship in wet bathing suits, barefoot and didn't bat an eye. We spent $919 on tickets and were treated like garbage, but the lack of humanity shown to the people missing their child at a sprawling water park bordered by the ocean was perhaps the single worst example of customer service I have ever witnessed in my life. Buyer beware, they will take your money with a scowl and not give one iota about your safety or enjoyment.
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Parking is expensive ($85), but very simple. Lines move smoothly.
    View All 2,152 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews