3. Carnival Sensation
We boarded the Sensation on the 29th ..the process was quick and easy...only waited about an hour after we got there to board. Because our rooms weren't ready yet we headed straight to the lido deck to get some yummy food and drinks and lounged by the pool for a couple of hours. It was here that we met Kishore...the outstanding server who had our names down within the first 1/2 hour and remembered us throughout the cruise. The buffet had lots of wonderful selections, for me the salad bar and for the boys the grill. There was something for everyone. Bought our soda cards and as always they were a good value. We had a cabin on the Empress deck on the very back of the ship. I loved it...the balcony is a bit larger and it was cool to watch the wake at the back of the ship. Can't say I noticed any more movement back there other than the last night when we went though a bit of a storm. Angelo was our cabin steward and he took great care of us. The rooms we an OK size...the bedside table had no drawers and storage space was at a premium. Loved the towel creatures that appeared everynight. We had the early dining option at 6pm in the Fantasy Dining room. Our Servers Oliver and his running back were fantastic. Remembered everything we liked, had our drinks waiting for us and engaged us in coversation and service every night. The food was OK...honestly, Princess has better food...but the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert is spectacular I had it 3 out of the 4 nights we were there. *yum* We spent almost every night at Michaelangelo's lounge. The band there was fantastic and it was packed every night. We loved them and they played whatever we asked them to. We tried the Kaliedescope CLub out a couple of times and it was either dead or playing hip hop music only. I prefer a mix of music and Michaelangelos did it perfect. We didn't make it to any of the shows except the last half hour of the comedy show...wished we would have got there sooner as she was fantasticly funny. They have a little cafe between Michaelangelos and kaliedescope...you can purchase Lattes, Cappucino's, espresso's and the yummiest dessert treats like chocolate covered strawberries. The gift shops were the same as gift shops on every ship. I also had my toes repainted in the spa and they were very friendly and professional. We tried out the waterslide and the hottubs in the serenity area and both were wonderful to enjoy. Overall we had a great trip on the sensation...it was perfect for the short trip we were on and had enough to entertain us. I would do the same journey again.

Wonderful Getaway

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by happyroo

• Sail Date: November 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
happyroo’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Cabin E257
e257 - Rear of ship, small room, great balcony, good sized bathroom ( you can bend over without your bum hanging out) Not enough drawers, no desk, one chair bedside tables have no drawers to store anything. Tv is hard to watch because viewing angle must be precise or all you see is black images.
  Carnival Sensation Deck Plans

• Freeport
    We spent the day on the Viva Wyndham Excursion...the beach is fantastic, you can rent jet ski's for about $70 or use any of the non motorized water sport equipment for free....there's even a flying trapeze for you to play on. There's a bar/burger/hotdog/fries shack on the beach and all was included...the buffet restaurant was mediocre at best but we didn't care...we were having a lovely lazy day on the beach.
    The excursion is great if all you're looking for is a day at the beach.
    View All 1,348 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews