3. Carnival Pride
I was overall very pleased with my entire cruise on the Carnival Pride. Yes, the ship is a bit outdated. But, honestly, it did not affect my enjoyment one bit (a little plaster repair of a cracked seashell decoration in the dining room is really not affecting my meal). All the staff were very pleasant and had smiles on their faces the entire trip. Participation in all the activities was encouraged, and the Activities Team started recognizing my son by the second day (which made him very excited). Saffie the cruise director was awesome- she was very personable and did her best to meet everyone and talk to anyone who had something to say. She was genuinely excited to see my son's penguin collection, and we found out that she too loves penguins. She remembered his name and addressed him (and his penguins!) specifically as we were debarking. The pools were always full as soon as we got into warmer weather, and the hot tubs were so crowded with (VERY) young children that I highly doubt it was in any way shape or form "clean". However, I did not come on a cruise to sit in a hot tub, and I thoroughly enjoyed all the amenities. There was always something to participate in, including group games, shows, and demonstrations. I STRONGLY recommend paying the extra for the Faster To The Fun. It is worth the money (we paid $69.95 and that covered the entire cabin) just in the fact that we skipped the 2-3 hour line for embarking. We basically were at a check in window within 15min of arrival at the terminal, and on the ship 15min later. Our room was available immediately, and our luggage arrived before most people were allowed in their rooms (2pm). We also got priority service at Guest Services, and had one of our ports required a tender, we would have had priority there as well. And at debarking, we were off the ship by 1015am. Had we not had FTTF, the earliest we could have debarked with our luggage (which is earlier than if you check you luggage) would have been 1130am.

Very enjoyable with excellent staff

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cherschell21

Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 5240
Excellent, very comfortable, surprisingly roomy for a cabin on board a ship. Plenty of closet space for 3 people to store clothing, the bathroom was well appointed and again quite roomy for being a cabin on a ship. The balcony was lovely, plenty of room for all 3 of us to sit (one had to sit on the end table, but whatever)
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Baltimore
    I cannot recommend this highly enough. Just how quickly we boarded, and debarked, made this completely worth the money. Also, there was almost always a long line at Guest Services and never a line for FTTF cardholders. I just had to wait for the next assistant to become available
    View All 12,425 Baltimore Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Baltimore Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Although it was a bit choppy and definitely not the best snorkeling conditions, they really did their best to make sure everyone had a good time. Although it is highlighted that the beach is not "guarded", the folks who worked there were engaging and always within view of the beach. I have no doubt that if someone had gotten in trouble in the water, they would have been able to act immediately.
  • Atlantis Resort
    Everyone knows Atlantis is just about the best waterpark in the world (certainly the best I have ever been to). All the slides and rivers blend seamlessly, and many of the slides take you to a "destination" such as the rapids river or a tank of sharks. Very cool
    View All 671 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    These guys were awesome, really knew the area, caught on quickly that I am quite knowledgeable in flora and fauna and spoke to me as a "peer" rather than answering me like a tourist
    View All 12,425 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews