MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Beautiful Ship - Boring Ride

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by atlantasandyg

• Sail Date: Dec 2017
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

I chose this ship as I wanted to enjoy the holidays with my family in a new ship and this one looked spectacular and I thought the ports would be fun as well. Before leaving I read the reviews that other people had posted and thought that perhaps the shortcomings of this she would be in dining and the pay for everything culture. Let me break it down:

Food

I found the buffet on the 15th floor to have plenty of options to choose from. Yes, you did have the same items every day like hot dogs, hamburgers at lunch or eggs/croissants at breakfast, but to be fair, I never repeated a meal 2x during my trip and had plenty of choices to choose from. Food was good, not excellent, but certainly not terrible either. Desserts were so so, which I was glad as I didnt need the calories :)

We really enjoyed the japanese restaurant for dinner one night. It was loads of fun!

Well this is an area that I find they need to work on. At every port we would leave shortly after arrival, take tours and return around 4-5 pm. Then there was nothing to do till dinner 6:30 pm and then again nothing till 8:45 for a show. Nothing before or after that timeframe. Every night they have dancing lessons, which my family had no interest in, or played some music somewhere. But there was no organized games, trivia, daily bingo, etc. Just basically nothing to do on the ship. In terms of the shows, do yourself a favor and skip the magic show. It is just dumb. The best one was Way. We were supposed to see Cique Viaggio but ocean was too rough and they cancelled show. We did see Sonor and I would say for an abbreviated version of Cirque it wasn't bad. We had dinner with the show and I would say dinner that night was mediocre. Just have dinner at the main restaurant or at the specialty restaurant.

Information

Most of the crew is clueless and will give you the wrong information or simply not answer your questions. It is hard to find someone that knows answers to questions. Just very disorganized. If you have a question ask 3 people and go with consensus.

ALl in all we enjoyed our trip as we really liked the ports, and made the best of the time we had as family. We didn't go o the boat expecting much, and we probably won't cruise MSC again, but this is more because of our more favorable experiences with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and even Carnival.

ENJOY!

atlantasandyg's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Bella 8226

We were in cabin 8226 (which was ways away from any elevator so be prepared for a long walk). Our view included a very ugly orange boat (which didnt block our view but didnt was unsightly) Cabin closet had 8 hangers, 2 drawers, and 3 shelves, 2 nightstands with shelves, and a small desk. We brought extra hangers with us, but really were not needed. Hair dryer, body wash, and shampoo are provided. I found that the layout of the room was a bit awkward - we had it set up with 2 individual beds and the space between the bed closest to the window and the window was ample, but hard to get to and all you had was a table, no chair. Then the space between the second bed and the closet was minimal, which made it hard to retrieve items from the closet. If you speak english, forget about watching any TV shows. All you will be able to enjoy is CNN news. Also, if you want to see yourself as you blow dry your hair, bring your own mirror. The hair dryer was attached to the desk and the nearest mirror was 8 feet away. Our cabin steward was ok. We asked for ice every night, and had to make phone calls each night to get it. He just could not remember to do this.

Aix-en-Provence

Very boring walk through town explaining expensive homes.

View All 115 Aix-en-Provence Reviews